Skip to content
My 3 year old won't eat
slneufer posted:
10 days ago my daughter was eating a tortilla chip, and started screaming in pain. I think she swallowed a big piece, that might have been sharp and hurt her throat. That day she ate a normal dinner after. Since then, she has gradually decreased her eating. This weekend she flat out refused to eat at all, even when offered her favorite treats. She will start to eat, then cry that it hurts, and refuse to eat anything else. Fortunately she has been able to drink milk and smoothies. I have a doctor's appt this afternoon, but can't get it out of my mind and feel so awful for her. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? I don't know that the issue is necessarily associated with the chip incident, but I think it has to be. Everything I've read about throat cuts like this says that it should heal in a few days, but her problem seems to have gotten worse, rather than better.

lenono97 responded:
Just curious, what did the doctor say? Never heard of anything like this before. Hope everything is ok.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tammy. I'm married with two kids PJ (5) and Kylee (3). I also have four stepkids and four stepgrandkids (3 boys & 1 girl). We also ...More

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.