Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Swim Lessons!
Jackie03291 posted:
yay! I'm so excited, I just signed up Ava for her first session of swim lessons. I think she is going to have a great time. Anyone else do swim lessons yet? How have they worked out for your LO? Ava loves to swim, so I'm hoping she does good. She doesn't mind going in the pool on her own usually, so hopefully she won't completely freak out since this is not going to be a parent/child class.

Hope everyone is doing good!!
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava (10/14/08) Natalie (4/24/12)

jlynnpaine responded:
How fun! I was just talking to my mom about signing Shae up for swim lessons this winter. The only tough part is there is no where in town that offers them so we'll have to drive her 45 minutes away but I think she will love it and my mom said she doesn't mind taking her so I think we'll do it either this fall or winter.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

Jackie03291 replied to jlynnpaine's response:
That's great, and even better that you won't have to drive the 45 minutes to get her there!

I will let you know how Ava does. How is the baby doing?? Natalie is starting to really laugh now and almost has herself rolled over from her to back to her tummy. It's crazy how quickly she is growing up!
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava (10/14/08) Natalie (4/24/12)

sdadkin responded:
We haven't done swim lessons yet but we did do the parent/child class this past January. Carter loved it! He had this swim jacket he wore at the beginning of the classes and he called it his "backpack". It was cute!

But I don't reccomend going to classes in the middle of winter. Even though we tried to dry his hair completely after each class he still ended up sick and with a terrible ear infection! He had to miss his last 2 classes

jlynnpaine replied to Jackie03291's response:
Yeah, I'm so glad that I won't have to take a weekend day to take her since my mom will be able to take her during the week while we're at work and she keeps another little boy too and his mom is going to sign him up as well.

Avriana is doing good. She's such an easy baby and Shae adores her. She's SO close to rolling over too. She's been working at it for weeks and some days I can't believe that she hasn't done it yet because she's so close. It's crazy how fast they're growing but in reality, she seems tiny compared to Shae. At her two month checkup, she was only 10 lbs 12 oz (29th percentile). When Shae was 2 months old, she was 12 lbs 6 oz (somewhere in the 90th percentile). How big is Natalie now? Is Ava loving having her baby sister?
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

cyn22mull responded:
Hello!!! I hope that you are doing well. Christopher loves the water and loves swimming, he has had 2 weeks of private swim lessons and he did fantastic and really learned alot. During the summer we let him spend 3 week's down with my parents at the beach (not 3 weeks together I would miss him way to much!!) So during 2 of those 3 weeks they took him for swim lessons at the gym they go to, they were 1 hour lessons for 5 days. We try to practice at home when we take him to the pool, but sometimes it is hard as he usually just wants to play with the other kids.
Cindy (35) Scott (39) DS Christopher 3

Zaysmama replied to cyn22mull's response:
I did swim lessons when I was younger which I enjoyed but I was already a strong swimmer before I started them and a bit older than 3... This summer we were planning to get DS into swim lessons but with the work schedules and everything going on we really couldnt make it, so instead we bought him a "puddle jumper"... it is a life vest that is made for LOs. it is much easier for them to manuever in and has actually been amazing with teaching him to swim. This device has boosted his confidence in the water and has him almost swimming on his own. The best part, it is coast guard certified so I know he is safe. Next summer I'm sure he will be good to go but hopefully we can actually make it to swim lessons for both him and DS2...

Spotlight: Member Stories

Kelly (31) ~*~ Craig (34) ~*~ Eliana (3) ~*~ Joshua (1.5) ~*~ Rebekah (EDD 7/16/2010) ~*~ ^i^ (Jan 2006) ~*~ Siamese Kittybabies Waller & Lessa (8...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.