Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
WHAT DO I TELL MY SON ABOUT IS DADDY
kisha252 posted:
WELL MY HUSBAND WAS KILLD LAST YEAR.... MY SON LOOKS JUST LIKE HIM . THE LAST DAY WE SPENT WITH HIM WAS FATHER'S DAY 2011 AND THEY PLAYD BASKETBALL ALL AND THEY NEXT DAY HE WAS KILLD... SO ALL MY SON REMEMBERS IS PLAYING BALL WITH HIM... SO HE KEEP ASKING ME WHERE IS DADDY????? WHAT DO I DO?

QTpie2009 responded:
I think he definitely needs to know but on a 3-year-old's level. My father-in-law died in 2011. My DS was 2 and even then we still told him Papa was bye-bye and that he went to heaven to be with God. We still show him pictures and a whole year and a half later he still knows who Papa was. I personally think 3 years old is an ok age to start talking about death in a way they will understand.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been happily married for almost 4 years now. I have a son who just turned 3 in August. We are currently expecting our second son who is due on ...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.