Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
cough medicines for a 3 year old
Jenniferd posted:
have a 3 year old and she has a cough and runny nose.what can i give her to help her sleep?

lenono97 responded:
I like plain old tylenol, even for my self. We use a Vicks humidifier when the kids have colds. It seems to help.

jlynnpaine responded:
We elevate DD by propping her up on pillows and make sure she has a full cup of water in her room. We will often steam up the bathroom and sit with her in there to help clear up her congestion. We use a humidifier in her room and sometimes I can get her to drink a little bit of decaf herbal tea with honey which helps with the cough a bit.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Jennifer -

In addition to these great responses from other moms, I wanted to pass along a couple of resources -

Treating Your Child's Cold or Fever - Slideshow
Cold & Cough Home Remedies for Children: What Works?

Check back in to let us know how she is doing and what worked best for you and her.

Elizabeth

Spotlight: Member Stories

I joined WebMD in 2003 when we were TTC our first and have been hooked ever since. We were blessed with our princesses in August 2004 and August 2007....More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.