Skip to content
Weekly Menu
QTpie2009 posted:
Going grocery shopping tonight so trying to think of meals to have next week. What are you having? So far:

Chili

Chicken casserole, vegetable

Shrimp and veggie stir-fry

cyn22mull responded:
Hi!

I will start with tonight!

Friday - Chicken and dumplings
Saturday - grilling out chicken, hotdogs, and veggies
Sunday - not sure yet
Monday- Raviloi, garlic bread and salad
Tuesday - Chicken foil packet, rice and veggies (i pre-make chicken foil packets and keep on hand in freezer)
Wednesday - leftovers
Thursday - Breakfast
Not sure about the rest!
Cindy (35) Scott (39) DS Christopher 3

jlynnpaine responded:
I'll try to remember what I have for the next week.

Tonight I'm trying a new recipe from Pinterest in the crockpot - Chicken and bacon with cream of mushroom soup

Chicken parm
BLTs
Ravioli
Fajitas
Tatertot casserole

Cindy - how do you make the chicken foil packets? Sounds like something we would like.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

cyn22mull replied to jlynnpaine's response:
Hi Jodi!! I hope you are doing well.

I love doing foil packets!! I make a few different ones. I usually just buy a bag of the frozen boneless chicken breast and take some time on the weekend to make them all.

Depending on what you like you can do mostly anything.

I just lay the foil out. Spray the foil with non stick spray or put a pat of butter down. Put my frozen chicken on it and then put what ever I have on hand on top or what sounds good. Wrap it up, put in zip lock bag, label it and pop it in freezer. I take it out the night before I am going to cook it and let it thaw. I then put it in the oven on cookie sheet at 350 and cook for 1/2 hour or 45 min depending on how many I have in there. Most times I have my husband pop it in before I get home then I just whip up some sides whenI get home. Cooks in the foil so it kind of steams/bakes it. I use these alot because my husband does not eat meat so for me it is easier to do it this way. I do make veggie one's for him! and I am a garlice person so all of the one's below include fresh garlic as well.

Some I like are:
Chicken with can tomato and Italian season - Then I cook up some pasta and serve it over pasta.

Chicken with mushroom soup - Then I either make mashed pots. noodles or rice to go with it.

Chicken with fresh mushrooms.

Chicken with sliced onion, green pepper and soy sauce - this one I will make with rice

I also made some beef packets which I havent tired yet. I used beef tips and did one with mushroom and one with peppers, onions, broccoli and soy sauce. I might have to cook one next week!! I did a fish packet once but did not like it.

Sorry I rambled on!!
Cindy (35) Scott (39) DS Christopher 3

QTpie2009 replied to cyn22mull's response:
Those sound like great ideas!

jlynnpaine replied to cyn22mull's response:
Thank you so much! What an awesome idea. I'm going to try these this weekend. I'll let you know how they turn out.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a former TTCer (powerdoers, but had to change the name so I could create a profile again). After 2 angels I had my DD Lianna in 2003 at 37 yrs. o...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.