Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I'm Back
Zaysmama posted:
Hey ladies, Its been about 2months since I posted and I hope all is well with everyone and their familes!

Izayah is a big brother now and loving it! He is very protective and loving with his baby brother, Zakiyah.
It really surprised me because I was extremely worried about him being jealous of the baby but he wants to help all the time. He's always telling me he loves "his baby" and that he wants to hold him. When we are in the car if Zak starts crying Zay will leave over and sing to him and even more amazing, it usually helps. Zay and Zak are so in tuned to each other that when Zay starts crying so does Zak and Zay has gotten Zak to smile more than I have just talking to him.
I was really worried about how I was going to handle having two as a single mom but my boys are amazing and make it easy!

How is everyone else and their LOs? Whats new moms?

jlynnpaine responded:
Congrats on the new baby! That's so great that DS1 loves his baby brother so much. My girls are very much the same way. Shae can get Avri to smile and laugh more than anyone else can and loves to help her and love on her. She's really into feeding her right now and will put a puff in her mouth for her or spoon feed her cereal and purees.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

Zaysmama replied to jlynnpaine's response:
That is so cute! Before I had Zak, everyone warned me that Izayah would be very jealous and probably take it out on the baby because he was the only child, only grandchild and only great grandchild for the last 3 & 1/2 years so I was extremely worried about that but he is great with Zakiyah. And now that people see them together and see how protecting and loving Izayah is with Zakiyah they think it is the sweetest thing ever...
How old is Avri now?

jlynnpaine replied to Zaysmama's response:
Shae was the first too but has adjusted very well. Avri is 5 months old now.

earleyml1012 replied to jlynnpaine's response:
Hey ladies! Glad to hear that your 3 yr olds are adjusting well with their new siblings. Last October (I can't believe it's been a yr) we had DD#2 and DD#1 adjusted great too. Like Zaysmama, we were afraid of jealousy issues too b/c DD#1 was the first and only grandchild on both sides as well. Our LOs are just a few weeks shy of 3 yrs apart. Since then, DD#1 is so proud of her baby sister and loves her dearly. During the first year, she helped me watch the baby when I had to leave the room, got diapers/clothes/etc for me and even liked to feed her when she could (both bottles and food). Every new milestone that DD#2 has accomplished, DD#1 was right there with us cheering her baby sister on and praising her! DH says everyday at drop off for daycare they give each other hugs and kisses before going to their separate rooms. Even during the day, I've been told the oldest will stop and say hi while passing the infant room! I love how they cherish each other. Glad to hear all is going well with your little ones too!

jlynnpaine replied to earleyml1012's response:
That's so awesome that your girls are so close and the way they hug each other at school before they go to their own rooms. I think that it's so special to see siblings bond like that. It's sadly not always the case.

earleyml1012 replied to jlynnpaine's response:
I know! I hope they stay that way. Just last night I was at a craft store and DD#2 was sitting in the seat part of the cart and DD#1 was in the bucket part, while I was looking at something a bunch of employees gathered around my girls to look at them b/c they were being cute. When I asked what they were doing, I was told that the oldest was leaning over and wrapping her arms around the baby's neck giving her hugs and kisses. I love it!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a SAHM of 2 little girls (3 and 6y/o).

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.