Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Time Change - How's your family adjusting?
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
How is your family adjusting to the time change?

Are you experiencing too early risers and early evening crankiness?

Elizabeth

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Things have been going pretty smooth at our house. Sunday, DS woke up at 5:45a (old 6:45a) which was pretty good for him. He's been waking up between 5:15a and 5:30a during the week which is normal for him.

DD has been a bit cranky in the evenings but not too bad. She's been waking up at her usual time which is good.

earleyml1012 responded:
We do not enjoy time changes. Before the time change our oldest (3yr) would sleep until we woke her for daycare at 6:20 but now she's been getting up around 5:50. This morning she slept a little longer, so hopefully she's getting back on routine.

Sunday was awful! Our 1 yr old was so grumpy b/c we tried to keep naps at the "normal" time on the clock but her body was telling her different. Then bedtime she was ready at 6pm (old 7pm) and screamed at bathtime b/c she was exhausted. She's doing much better now.

DD#1 has been so confused when we leave the house after 5pm and it's dark already...she thinks it's bedtime. Time change is for the birds! Oh and I was bothered that our pastor assumed everyone got to sleep in on Sunday. Yeah, I had so much extra time that I made pumpkin muffins before church and we even go to the early service.

jlynnpaine responded:
I hate the time change. My girls have been getting up between 5:30 and 6:00 now. Avri is ready for bed by 6:00 every night and it's a bugger to try to keep her awake until even 6:30. Shae has been taking naps because she's tired which means she can't fall asleep at night which means she's extra tired in the morning. It's a vicious cycle.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tanya, I'm 26 yrs old and my husband is 28, we've been married for 6 years together a total of 9 years. We live outside Jackson MS!...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 24 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.