Skip to content
Sick toddler
Aholland posted:
Anyone have suggestions on how to get a 3 year old to take ibuprofen? Are there any products out there that aren't liquid?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I told my DD it was "big girl medicine" and would make her feel better.

QTpie2009 responded:
My DS usually doesn't have any problem taking medicine. However, the last time he was sick he had to take a really nasty tasting medicine and started refusing to take it. I mixed a little juice with it in the medicine cup and stirred it around. He didn't even know it was medicine (from the taste). If it's just the site of the medicine, I'm not sure how to get her to take it.

jlynnpaine responded:
They do make chewable tylenol and ibuprofen. My DD takes the liquid better than the chewables though.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been happily married for almost 4 years now. I have a son who just turned 3 in August. We are currently expecting our second son who is due on ...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.