Skip to content
skin picking
mimijanof5 posted:
My 3 1/2 yo granddaughter picks at the skin on her face. She picks sores, then repeatedly picks the scabs off. She has been doing this for years. She has scars from old sores. My son and daughter in law put band aids on, but she just picks them off or chooses a new spot. She does this any time--when playing, doing nothing and even sleeping. She does not have any rashes, eczema or other illnesses or allergies. Suggestions?

mikimom2010 responded:
I would suggest getting her in to see a physician. Although I am no doctor, it kinda sounds like an anxiety issue. We have to be really careful with our little ones b/c at this age they are touching everything in sight and bacteria could get into those sores and cause nasty infections.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am 27 yrs old and i have two beautiful babies katie who is 3 who i am having alot of problems with as far as communicating and tristan who is 17 mon...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.