Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Nutrtion and eating habits
hwk1019 posted:
My 3-year old is a very picky eater. He has been refusing to eat lunch at school to the point that we have now had to start packing his lunch. He was coming home starving everyday. I don't want to give into his few things he is willing to eat but I want him to grow and develop. I am wondering if any other parents have had this situation and any suggestions with food ideas. He will eat almost all fruit but NO vegetables and basically no protein. I am concerned about his enzyme levels since he doesn't get protein daily. He will eat cheese, peanut butter, and chicken nuggets; but thats it for protein. I have used greek yogurt in a few receipes in an effort to get him to eat protein. Any feedback is appreciated!

QTpie2009 responded:
My DS isn't that picky but I do love being creative with food so thought I would throw out some ideas. Regarding proteins.. will he eat turkey, ham or bologna lunchmeat, scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, fish sticks, pizza (with pepperoni or sausage). You said he doesn't like vegetables... have you tried putting cheese sauce or ranch dressing on them? My DS really loves that. If he likes spaghetti with spaghetti sauce, I chop up zucchini, squash, green pepper and onion and saut? with the meat then add the sauce and let it simmer. My DS doesn't even know there are vegetables in it and he loves it. Also with quesadillas you can hide shredded chicken or vegetables in it. You could also buy Boost or Ensure for him to drink to get extra vitamins and protein. Does he take vitamins?

Spotlight: Member Stories

On 7/28/03 I became a mommy for the very first time to the most beautiful angle in the world: Emelie Brianne On 4/30/05 I walked down the isle and ...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.