Skip to content
my 3 1/2 year old wont go to sleep
mtjalways posted:
my son has been not wanting to go to sleep for about a year, but its getting worse, hes up till 4 and 5am everynight. we have tried waking him up early among other things and he stays uo later and later, it is effecting his attitude and his behavior. advise please, im going crazy

QTpie2009 responded:
Hi, my niece and nephew have problems sleeping (ages 6 and 23 respectively). Their doctor told my sister-in-law to give them over the counter melatonin about an hour before bedtime. This helps them sleep better. It's all natural and helps balance your sleep cycle.

QTpie2009 replied to QTpie2009's response:
Oops, my nephew is 3, not 23! LOL

mikimom2010 responded:
I wouldn't dare give a toddler melatonin! I can't believe that was recommended by a licensed physician. The child could eventually become dependant on the pills, plus, it's a pill! I would recommend speak with your physician, there may be some underlying issues.

susub replied to mikimom2010's response:
Liquid melatonin is available and my pediatrician recommended a small dose for my son to help him fall asleep. Don't be so quick to judge.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Patty, and my son Stephen turned 3 in December 2009. He has a speech delay, and gets to go to preschool 4 mornings a week to help with his spe...More

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.