Skip to content
She's gotta go..
mikimom2010 posted:
I must admit, my dd is a little spoiled princess; but it's time that princess gets the boot out of my bed! I love to cuddle with her at night, sweet kisses in the morning too, but during the night she makes our king sized bed feel like a twin. She kicks and tosses & turns, I am so tired in the mornings before work. She was in her bed for a few months, then she got pneumonia so I wanted her right next to me, but that's been over 6-8 months ago. If she falls asleep we try to put her in her bed but she wakes up crying at 3am if she can't feel her dad or I and he goes running to get her! Any suggestions?

Take the Poll

Does your toddler sleep with you?
  • yes
  • no
  • sometimes
vote
View Poll Results

Grettamomof1 responded:
had this issue. We're still battling the late night wake ups. but the best thing i found to do was get my son in bed and have him begin sleeping alone. then, (don't judge me) When i went to bed i would lock my door. which meant when he wanted to come in when he woke up at night hed have to knock. I wake up, walk him back to his room and tell him to go to sleep, making sure hes comfortable so there is no arguement. If getting her to sleep alone is a hassle, try a little bit of medicine to get her used to the pattern. ask your doctor if she can have small doses of melatonin (all natural) to get her in the pattern of falling asleep by herself.

brownribbons replied to Grettamomof1's response:
Definitely ask your doctor before giving them anything. Melatonin is a hormone, not a drug, but that's not a good thing! Hormones play a huge role in development, so supplementing with hormones is only a good idea if your child has some sort of deficiency.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tanya, I'm 26 yrs old and my husband is 28, we've been married for 6 years together a total of 9 years. We live outside Jackson MS!...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.