Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Issues with anger
An_252902 posted:
My 3 year old son, up until the end of 2012, was the most well mannered, well spoken, and sweetest three year old. Ever since then, we have had issues with sleep patterns, anger, and fits of screaming. He wakes up at least once a night and knocks on our door to come in, and i usher him back to bed. sometimes he falls right back to sleep, other nights he cries. getting to bed has become a war that can take 2+ hours. He refuses to do anything that is not easy to him, no matter how much i try to encourage, it ends in tantrum and screaming. His father had Bi-polar and ADHD from early childhood, and i am afraid my son is developing it. I DO NOT WANT TO MEDICATE HIM. But i do not know what to do.... In pre-school I hear praise from his teachers, but at home he completely switches, and i feel as though i am doing something wrong. I just dont want to hear him scream anymore. and i mean blood curdling screams. it hurts my heart. I am at my wits end. can anyone help?

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.