Skip to content
TRIGGERS *3yr outburst of anger after a visit w the absent parent?
msconnieb4 posted:
I am trying to research on the internet about (emotional triggers) in preschoolers .... my 3yr old niece is being raised by her father... the absent mothers visits are far & few in between, but after a visit & she returns home she has fits of anger and lashes out at everyone, breaking toys, abusive behavior to her dolls and I was told today by a foster parent to research TRIGGERS ... does anyone have information??

An_256507 responded:
Question if she knows her mother & loves her? If so this is exactly something my sons go through & I'm aware they suffer from PTSD after daddy vanished overnight. Check into Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.. triggers are trauma of significance .. It is a slow road to recovery, I'm not certain there is full recovery for it. IE I was diagnosed with it myself & remain affected daily

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a SAHM of two and a Navy wife. BC I was also in the Navy, but love the time I get to spend with the kids. Currently life has us in Germany and...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful