Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TRIGGERS *3yr outburst of anger after a visit w the absent parent?
msconnieb4 posted:
I am trying to research on the internet about (emotional triggers) in preschoolers .... my 3yr old niece is being raised by her father... the absent mothers visits are far & few in between, but after a visit & she returns home she has fits of anger and lashes out at everyone, breaking toys, abusive behavior to her dolls and I was told today by a foster parent to research TRIGGERS ... does anyone have information??

An_256507 responded:
Question if she knows her mother & loves her? If so this is exactly something my sons go through & I'm aware they suffer from PTSD after daddy vanished overnight. Check into Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.. triggers are trauma of significance .. It is a slow road to recovery, I'm not certain there is full recovery for it. IE I was diagnosed with it myself & remain affected daily

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a SAHM of two and a Navy wife. BC I was also in the Navy, but love the time I get to spend with the kids. Currently life has us in Germany and...More

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.