Son biting to defend himself. What do I do?
kerieks posted:
My son is biting to defend himself. I received a call from the daycare today asking what they should do. My son doesn't bite at home at all, he is only biting at school. For some reason the teacher only sees when my son bites the other kids but not when the other kids bite my son. If I don't tell them about the bite marks they wouldn't know about it.

The time when my son did bite at home was always when another child was bullying/hurting or biting him, so he resolves in biting back. My son doesn't cry when another child bites him and he won't tell on the other child when he is bitten/hurt or bullied. Neither does he want to point out which child is it is. He was moved from one class to another to see if that helps, but on the playground they are still together with all the kids.. He tends to only bite the one kid...

How do I go about this? ..I don't want to teach him to not stand up for himself, but to rather resolve it in another manner. But what can I do if he doesn't want to say anything? ...he is 3years old now...