Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is it too soon to worry
An_256297 posted:
My son turned 3 in December and started preschool in late February. He had some initial difficulty adjusting the first few weeks, but the teachers don't seem concerned because he had never been around other kids. He interacts more with the kids now. My concern is with his retention. He speaks well, can say his abc's, say his name, even count up to 10 or 15. He knows most of his colors if you ask him to point to it. I have tried to go over the letters that the teacher has talked about such as k and m. I will say the letter, ask him to repeat it several times over and over. He will do it. About 5 seconds letter I will ask what is this letter and he has no clue. I'm concerned because he is serious. Should I be concerned yet?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm Lindsay. I'm 28. I've been married to my college not-so sweet-heart since 2004. I'm a Stay at Home Mommy of 2. Alexa is 4 and ...More

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.