Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Nails falling off
An_256861 posted:
I just noticed my 3 1/2 yr old son's thumb nails are detaching from the base. He also suffered from hand foot and mouth disease about 3 weeks ago. I'm taking him to the Dr's to see what I can do to prevent them from getting infected since wew are going on vacation in a few days and he will be playing in the sand. I'm releaved that this is common after HFMD. I was so scared it was something serious. My son also is allergic to peanuts. Don't the air lines serve peanuts on plains? I'm freaking out! It's just my son and I flying for the first time together and I am so nervous. I hate to be the one to tell everyone to refrain from eating what some people love.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tammy. I'm married with two kids PJ (5) and Kylee (3). I also have four stepkids and four stepgrandkids (3 boys & 1 girl). We also ...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.