Skip to content
My 3-year old grandson will not eat solids
alok18 posted:
My grandson would be 4 in two months. However, he does not eat solids. My daughter (his mother) has been trying ever since he was 8 months old; he has tried to chew a few times and perhaps swallowed a few morsels. But that also very rarely. There was an episode of choking on a biscuit when he was one and a half year old. But I presume that the psychological effect of that episode, if any, would not last for so long.

To meet his nutrition needs his mother is giving him pureed food. Even otherwise he is a finicky eater and is only interested in playing. He is very active and has normal growth. Health is generally alright, except for frequent bouts of cold and cough.

We consulted a speech therapist one year back, as advised by his pediatrician. but the therapist did not find anything abnormal.

I would be glad for any suggestions on how to proceed further in the matter.

Thanks

alok18

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a SAHM of 2 little girls (3 and 6y/o).

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.