Skip to content
poll: how much milk / calcium
j9ween2 posted:
does your kid get a day?

Silver623 responded:
DS drinks 1 cup of chocolate milk and 1-2 cups of regular milk. These are big cups, so at least 8 oz each. He also has a yogurt everyday and usually are bedtime snack is cut up cheese and fruit. I think the cereal they eat is calcium fortified too. I think we got the calcium and fruit covered but DS only likes 2 veggies.

MamaTara1 responded:
DS typically has a 6-8 oz cup of milk at breakfast & dinner, a drinkable yogurt during the day, and some cheese (usually at either lunch or dinner -- not typically both).

dwaw02 responded:
DS eats lots of cheese (probably too much) and drinks usually 2 cups of milk a day.
Angela, DS (5), EDD 7/25/10 Pink Team Bedrest as of 3-23-10. Modifed bedrest 5-17-10. Off bedrest 6-13-10!

ryanandleigh responded:
DS drinks milk all day long. I don't fill his cup all the way (saves on spills or if he doesn't drink it fast enough and I have to throw it away). I would say I fill it up at least 6-8 times a day. He doesn't eat cheese and only has yogurt every once in a while but I figure he gets enough calcium from the milk he drinks.

DD drinks probably 2 6 oz glasses of milk a day (sometimes more) and always has yogurt for breakfast.

j9ween2 responded:
they get about 6 oz at dinner plus 3 oz in their cereal bowl. Some days they will get a string cheese & some times yogurt but I read that they should be getting 16ish oz of calcium (fortified OJ, yogurt, milk, cheese) so I'm going to add some to their day

ukbluegirl02 replied to j9ween2's response:
The four of us (excluding Mia) go through 3-4 gallons of milk a week. DD1 and DS each have a yogurt every night.

They only drink milk or water at school. Only milk at home.

KC_94920 responded:
DD1 ad DS drink 6 ounces of either soy milk or cows milk first thing in the morning and then again at dinner. They also eat 4-6 ounces of greek yogurt, steamed broccoli and serving of cheese each day. DD2 gets all that and an additional 4 ounces of milk before her nap.

Kimmy1545 responded:
Not enough....

Neither are big milk drinkers. They drink maybe 6 oz of milk with dinner. They also get a yogurt everyday (they love Danonino frozen!). DS drinks calcium OJ every morning. DD drinks apple juice with calcium (but I cut the juice with about 75% water). They also eat cereal some mornings (2x a week or so) and they get some milk with that.

Iocasta responded:
Levi drinks about 8 to 12 oz a day of 2% milk and eats a 1 to 2 6 oz containers of yogurt a day. The amount of milk he drinks is highly variable. He tends to prefer water.

mommyof3kiddos responded:
The girls tend to drink more milk. DS likes water more. Now if it's chocolate milk he can drink it all day long. I don't give them much chocolate milk though. He does eat cheese and yogurt too so I think that makes up for it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a SAHM (HBP Depression sleep apnea) to my 2 kids DS (eczema milk allergy) 6 and DD 10 (asthma eczema and allergic to almost everything w fur) I h...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.