Skip to content
Now we are 47
iocasta posted:
This is the first birthday that I'm starting to struggle with my age. I guess I'm starting to notice how my body is truly getting older. The plus is Levi loves birthdays. He and Leslie made this wonderful little book on things he likes to do with me. I guess they had been working on it for nearly 2 weeks. I'm amazed that he could keep it a secret. He and DH went to get me Levi's gift to me yesterday. I have a feeling that it will be a firetruck. Whatever it is he decided on some old green Christmas paper to wrap it in. DH picked out some more appropriate paper but Levi rejected it. Levi is waffling between cupcakes or an ice cream cake for my birthday. I guess I will see what he has decided on when I get back from my mani/pedi this afternoon. Levi did pick out some really beautiful flowers for me. The boy has a really good eye.

I purged my closet yesterday. There were a ton of clothing and shoes that I am seriously never going to wear again. So I need to make a quick trip the Ark to donate them.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

peachteach1 responded:
Happy Birthday! They seem to come faster as we get older....lol.

mommyof3kiddos responded:
Happy Birthday!

linzuh04 responded:
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

dwaw02 responded:
I know what you mean! I'm 40 and DH is 53 and we just had a new baby I do sometimes wonder what we're thinking!

Anyway, Happy Birthday and remember, age is just a #.
Angela, DS (5), DD born 7/18/10

msoy1 responded:
Happy Birthday Steph! I hope you enjoy your day. I'd be hoping for the ice cream cake. Dh and I each have gotten an M&M birthday cake for our birthdays, the last two years. Oh, and that firetruck sounds so cool! I got one of them as a stocking stuffer last Christmas. lol.

Well, since you purged your closet, hmmmm, I know what my birthday present to myself would be.

baby1at35 responded:
Happy Birthday !

I will be 41 in a couple weeks. Now I am climbing the 40s...UGH!

Have a great day and cake and ice cream sound yummy!
Me (40) 2 busy boys 5yrs and 4 yrs! 10 mos apart Oh My !

Mainemommy replied to msoy1's response:
Time marches on. I'm sure you will LOVE your new firetruck especially if the siren is ear piercing
Steph 36 DH 41 DD 8 Asthma eczema and allergies DS 4 Eczema and milk allergy

peachteach1 responded:
Maybe if you are lucky it will be an firetruck icecream cake. It is soooooo hot I would love one of those.

seeit2 responded:
Happy birthday Steph!
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, egg allergy DS (9 mo) fearless and bottomless

msoy1 replied to peachteach1's response:
I second that one!

iocasta responded:
Levi did give me a matchbox firetruck, which he showed me how it works. He also asked if we could share my birthday gift. And he decided on the ice cream cake. All-in-all it was a great day. I made 4 pints of raspberry jam, a couple of weeks ago I made raspberry jelly but DH prefers jam, and 6 quarts of bread and butter pickles. DH and Levi went off to the park so I could work in silence. It was so nice.

mommyof3kiddos replied to iocasta's response:
Sounds like a really nice birthday!

Silver623 responded:
Happy Birthday a day late! Sounds like you had a really nice day.

laney0705 responded:
Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day.

In a few weeks I will technically be "in my 40's". Not really crazy about how that sounds. But my 2 little ones keep me young.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im Brittany and im a SAHM. I have two wonderful kids!!! Lindzie 4 y/o (11-25-05) who started Pre-k in August and Landon 2 y/o (11-12-08) who loves hav...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.