Where's SuperGirl? POLL
Mainemommy posted:
Kmart Is online as well and some stuff is up to 20% off today.
Though it begs the subject before where are the girl super heros of yore?
Last year I looked up wonderwoman on Wiki and my STARS!!! Thats not a hero (though she has been around one of the longest) you want your lil girl to aspire to its a SEX symbol. I can assure you if your breasts are that big and your waist that small you do need superpowers to stay upright. though recently they have covered her better.
Attention clothing retailers I too am going to gag with all the princesses they came out about the time DD was born and guess what? the ONLY ones she has are hand me downs.

So Ladies What character clothing are you going to GAG on?
Which do you hope never to see again?
Do respect others may like these.

Me? the princesses could go.
Also don't like Sponge Bob
Steph 36 DH 41 DD 8 Asthma eczema and allergies DS 4 Eczema and milk allergy

peachteach1 responded:
I can do without the backyardigans - ugh! Sam has latched on to them this month.

I find Spongebob far less annoying.

I also find it that Teen Titans is hot now as this is an older program that seems to be popular again with all of the other superhero stuff.

j9ween2 responded:
I hate the princesses. I am not a girly girl & DD1 is. Her room is pink w/ princesses. I want to throw up every time I am in there

DS is obsessed w/ superhero squad. For some reason they don't bother me as much. I don't let DS watch spongebob.

seeit2 responded:
We went to the pedi the other day and the walls were covered in princess decals. Disney, of course...I wonder if they get kickbacks for the advertising? Anyway, the nurse told DD she would love the room and when we got there Lily had no idea what she was talking about - she could not identify a single princess. The nurse was stunned. We just don't go there - but she did watch LIttle Mermaid for the first time last week so maybe that will catch on. I kinda hope not.

Anyway, I could do without the princesses obviously! And Spongebob, he drives me nuts.

I agree aout Wonder Woman - she looks like a hot momma! But I loved the show when I was a kid.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, egg allergy DS (9 mo) fearless and bottomless

ryanandleigh responded:
The only character clothing (as well as show) that I really don't like is Sponge Bob. I try not to let DS watch it. Of course DS doesn't wear character shirts (just animal shirts) so no complaints there. Now DD likes princess stuff including the Disney princess stuff (some what) but doesn't know any of those Disney stories (of course she is only 2.)

Kimmy1545 responded:
I gag on pretty much all character clothing! I am NOT a fan.

My kids both have a few character shirts. I don't mind them so much when they are done in a retro or distressed style or when nicely styled with their clothes. DD has a few Hello Kitty t's, a SuperGirl t, a retro CareBears t, 2 Olivia t's... she also has a Belle t from Disney. and she has a Foofa t and a Toodee t. (I think that girls can pull off character clothes more than boys... pair it with a little tutu or cute skirt... adorable!).

DS has a Superman logo t and a Mario Kart t (blah!)... that may be it at the moment but I was thinking about looking for the other Super Hero t's at Kmart.

KC_94920 responded:
With the exception of one tiny pair of size 2T Elmo panties there is not an article of character clothing nor a pair of character shoes in my house. I don't really see that changing given 2 out of my 3 kids will be in uniforms in a a few weeks.

DS has always been a transportation kid and while he'll happily wear pretty much anything he's tickled by shirts and sweatshirts with cars, trucks, vehicle transporters, trains, shuttles, etc on them. I don't think he even knows who Sponge Bob is and has yet to embrace super heros, Ben 10, or Transformers like his buddies and cousin. DD1 has never given two hoots about princesses, fairies or hello kitty and since DD2 has no idea what they are, we've dodged them as well.

Clothing aside, I did get quite annoyed with that little brother rabbit, Max, when DD1 and DS went through their phase of loving to watch Max and Ruby and the voice of Cailou was always a turn-off.

mommyof3kiddos responded:
I'm not crazy about character clothes. I don't think they look very nice at all! I like shirts with designs on them from like Children's Place and others like it. But the kids love the character shirts. DS has a few but I try to pair them with some nice shorts so it looks a little nicer.

I always swore I wouldn't let my kids get wrapped up in all the character type stuff but it happened. DH is partly to blame for all the superhero stuff. Luckily we don't have cable so the kids have only seen maybe two episodes of Spongebob. I think a lot of the princess and Dora clothes are just ugly. I have to say the Batgirl shirts I found were really cute. Well the one more than the other.

Oh and I LOVED Wonder Woman as a kid. I used to have the matching cami and panties and would run around the house pretending to be her. I think her boobs got a lot bigger over the years! DS has a small (2 inchs high) action figure of Wonder Woman and her boobs are flippin huge!

Iocasta responded:
All of them. I am not into character clothing at all. I am too much of a clothing snob and I am not afraid to admit it. If it isn't something that DH or I could see ourselves wearing, I won't buy it. Okay, I don't see us wearing pirate or whale undies but that is a whole different matter. I could see some sort of retro superman t-shirt but that is about it. I am sure that in a few years this could all change when Levi can fully weigh in on buying his clothes. Right now I do almost all of his clothing and shoe purchases on the net so that really reduces the whole character clothing issue.

Mainemommy replied to Iocasta's response:
Oh come on Steph can you just imagine having an adult size set of wonder woman underoos under your clothes when you go into court?

j9ween2 replied to j9ween2's response:
forgot to add - I hate all character clothes & shoes. I allow undies & pjs. What really drives me crazy is when relatives give character clothing, no receipt directly to the kid & then I can't return it

Iocasta replied to Mainemommy's response:
Busted, I confess I do wear Supergirl underoos to Court.

Mainemommy replied to Iocasta's response:
Truth Justice and the American Way