Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Naked Dolls
MrsWhiteCastle posted:
I'm so tired of seeing Barbies, baby dolls, and any other doll with clothes completely naked!

Does your DC do this? Please tell me they will outgrow this soon....
Emily (5)  Elizabeth (3)

Silver623 responded:
That is so funny! In TRU the other night, DD went nuts in the doll aisle. I have a feeling Santa will be bringing some dolls and doll accessories. I'll be sure to include lots of clothes and hope she doesn't prefer them naked. LOL.

MamaTara1 responded:
DD is the same way. And I was the same way as a child -- my parents still make fun of me for it!!

j9ween2 responded:
DD1 does it too

mommyof3kiddos responded:
My kids undress dolls too. DS is the worst. He undresses every doll or Barbie that comes into the house. Including all the Ken dolls. I did the same thing as a kid and my mom used to get annoyed with me as well.

Tricia1166 responded:
Yep -- everyone of our Barbie dolls and baby dolls is naked. They last about 1 to 2 days with clothes at most. So, when I bought DD her American Girl doll for her birthday I told her absolutely that "Emily" keeps her clothes on unless she is changing into another outfit (which we don't have yet anyway). It's been 2 months and so far, so good.

JMomma1 responded:
sometimes i take DS to a friend of mines house.she gets her step daughter on weekends and they have lots of barbies. anyways if they are naked DS always brings them to me to help dress them. i guess he doesnt like them naked. this is the only time he plays with barbies cause my daughter is only 2 months and doesnt have any and im not about to buy him a barbie! lol.i dont really care if he plays with them though, its fine with me. but as a kid myself, i always remember having naked dolls. my parents would buy us barbies, but never any extra outfits. as a matter of fact, my friends always had naked dolls too!

seeit2 responded:
DD's dolls are all naked -but she does not have barbies, they are the bigger baby dolls. When DS outgrew his newborn diapers, DD confiscated a few and used them to dress her babies. She had some trouble getting the diapers on quite often tho and it would make us crazy having to put them back on. I guess DH got tired of it because one day she brought me one of her dolls and he had duct-taped the diaper onto it. Now it is permanent LOL. She loves to bring this particular doll to the grocery store with us and the cashiers always laugh their heads off about the duct tape - you don't even have to explain why it is on there.

Deb
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, egg allergy DS (9 mo) fearless and bottomless

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a stay at home mom of two boys, Travis (4-19-05) and Skyler (12-15-06). I've known my DH Joel since 11-23-01 and were married 5-19-05.

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.