Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hey!
roxanne156 posted:
Hey everyone! How are you? It feels like I never left after reading all the posts!

Sandra - your boys are so big now! Steph- Levi is as handsome as ever!

I'm a stay at home mom now. After hiring and firing 3 different nannies; one who ignored Jonathan completely, and one who fed Chloe milk (which she's allergic too), then denied it and said she would "never try to kill your child". I had enough! So I'm on leave from my job with the feds and have opened a home daycare. So far it's great. Extremely busy, and tiring but the fact that I can give my babies the best care they need, it's so worth it.

I was in a car accidient in May, crushed my ankle, spent a week in hospital, now have 2 plates and 12 screws in my ankle. Spent 2 months in a wheelchair, 6 weeks in a walking cast and am now almost 100% better. Still cannot run (which I miss terribly) but at least I can walk. Note to everyone: never, ever cross your legs in the passenger seat in the front. That's what I did and upon impact my ankle was crushed and we were only going 60km/per hour. If my legs were down where they were supposed to be, I'd be fine.

Thomas and Chloe just turned 1! They are so alike but so different at the same time. I love them to pieces. Jonathan started jr. kindergarten and loves it. He had picture day today and even though we've been practicing smiling for the camera, his proofs all have him frowning, oh well!

Glad to be back, I've missed you all :)

Iocasta responded:
I was wondering when I saw the name if it was our old friend from north of the border. Oh dear what a time you have had. Welcome back. Wow the babies are one already. Great to hear that Jonathan is doing well. Thanks for the heads up on the leg crossing point, ouch. Hopefully you will be able to run soon. Can you take up my favorite workout, rowing?

Levi's school pictures are on next Tuesday. It should be interesting.

Laney0705 responded:
Hey Roxanne- I've been wondering how you all have been doing. Can you believe our babies are 1..it's just crazy. Love your profile pic...they are adorable!

So sorry to hear about your ankle I know you were really into running. Hopefully you'll be back out there soon, but your right at least you can walk. It must've been so hard taking care of the kids being laid up like that.

LOL about the school pictures. Last year Ryder frowned in all of his they were so bad I didn't even buy them.. His pics are coming up soon and I really hope he smiles.

Glad to hear your in home day care is working out. Things always work out. So good to hear from you. Hope you keep posting!! :)
Me(41)DH(38)DS(4 1/2)DD(11 months)

curleysue1968 replied to Laney0705's response:
waves hi! I remember you too!!

seeit2 responded:
Hey Roxanne, welcome back! Sounds like things have been pretty crazy with you. Good for you for finding a way to stay home with your babies - hard to believe they are getting so big, isn't it?

Deb
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, egg allergy DS (9 mo) fearless and bottomless

Baby1at35 replied to seeit2's response:
Hey there!

I was thinking about you the other day. So good to "hear" from you.
Sounds like things are going well (minus the car accident..OUCH! )
I love your profile pic... What cuties !
I can't believe they are a year old. Wow !
Me (40) 2 busy boys 5yrs and 4 yrs! 10 mos apart Oh My !

msoy1 responded:
Hey nice to "see" you here again! Glad you can find the time to check in here. I absolutely love all the pics of your kiddos and glad the daycare thing is working so well.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Roxanne, mother to Jonathan who's 4 and Chloe and Thomas who just turned 1 year old. I've been married for 8 years now and love my hus...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.