Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
4 Year old and swollen gums
mcfatalie posted:
My 4 year old has had a high fever for several days now. It got up to 104 on Sunday so I took him to the ER. He also had swollen gums on his upper left side and is not eating very much at all. The ER Dr. said it appeared he had a gum infection, however he has been on antibiotics since Sunday and it appears there is not much of a change. He did go all night without needing fever reduced last night for the first time.

He acts like nothing is wrong aside from being slightly lethargic. Anyone have any names for this gum disease or knowledge if we should go see someone else about this problem?

mcfatalie responded:
P.S., what does DD and DS mean?

I am brand new to this site...

MrsWhiteCastle replied to mcfatalie's response:
Welcome!

DS - dear son
DD - dear daughter
DH - dear husband

I'm sorry I can't help much with your main question. Anytime we have been in the ER, we have always had to follow up with our pedi. If you haven't talked with the pedi yet, I would probably call him/her tomorrow.
Emily (5) Elizabeth (3)

Stephensmom1214 responded:
I would take him to a dentist. They would probably be best qualified to tell you if there is a problem in his mouth.
Patty, Erik, and Stephen (12/14/06) http://pattysprettythings.etsy.com

mcfatalie replied to Stephensmom1214's response:
Thank you. I have yet to take him to a dentist, but I am calling one today to get an appointment.

Spotlight: Member Stories

KC~ lucky mom to DD1 (9), DS (7) and DD2 (4)

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.