Skip to content
6 year molars...
Kimmy1545 posted:
I was doing a "check brush" on DS's teeth tonight and noticed that he is starting to get his 6 year molars. So exciting! Now we just have to start losing some baby teeth so the tooth fairy can come visit!

peachteach1 responded:
Congrats!

Remember, that a note from mom, dad, teacher etc, to the toothfairy does work (wink) when a tooth is lost and then really lost.....down the drain, in the sand at the playground, etc.

I have written several over my career :)

MrsWhiteCastle responded:
I didn't realize they got more teeth around 6. I'm going to have to do a check of Emily's teeth.

I bet your son is excited! I know DD can't wait to lose her first tooth.
Emily (5) Elizabeth (3)

Baby1at35 replied to MrsWhiteCastle's response:
Wow I didn't realize they get molars at 6 either. Hmmm...I will have to look in Henry's mouth! :)
Me (40) 2 busy boys 5yrs and 4 yrs! 10 mos apart Oh My !

katieb426 responded:
Ella got her 6 year molars this last summer (when she turned 7- lol!). She kept telling me something "weird" was going on in her mouth.

She's 7 1/2 and has only lost 2 teeth so far. She's got a few wigglies, though. Owen just turned 6, but no sign of wiggly teeth or new molars yet for him!
Katie, Randy, Ella (7), Owen (6), Connor (4), Lilly (2)

j9ween2 responded:
I didn't know there were 6 year molars -great so DS & DD2 will both be getting molars at the same time. Sounds like I'm in for some fun times
Janine (Tyler -5, Bella -3, Giana -8 months)

Kimmy1545 replied to j9ween2's response:
I heard that the 6 year molars can be tough since they are a bigger tooth and more difficult to push through. I was reading about it last night and it said that Advil or Motrin were best since they helped with the swelling and the pain (just FYI for when you get there). He hasn't really complained much... just said that it felt like something in his mouth and I didn't think anything of it until I looked in his mouth last night.

ryanandleigh responded:
Yeah we were at the dentist yesterday and the dentist noted that DS hasn't gotten his 6 year molars yet. (He turns 6 in May). But it is good to be warned that they are coming in case he starts complaining.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a SAHM (HBP Depression sleep apnea) to my 2 kids DS (eczema milk allergy) 6 and DD 10 (asthma eczema and allergic to almost everything w fur) I h...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.