Skip to content
Croup!
baby1at35 posted:
Well back from the pedi and Henry has croup. Uncommon in a 6 yr old but can still get it.
I was a bit scared last night when he woke me up. He was sort of gasping for air and "bark" coughing. I put him in the steamy shower which seemed to help.
We got some oral steroids and he should be better within 8 hrs.
So both boys antibotics, allergy meds......Yikes!
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

sarah0323 responded:
Hope they feel better soon.
Me 33, DD - O 12, DS1 -J 7, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 4, DD2 - E (11/10)

mrswhitecastle responded:
I hope the meds kick in soon and you all get a good night's sleep tonight.
Emily (6) Elizabeth (4)

iocasta responded:
Oh dear. Hopefully he will be feeling better soon.

cindy2456 responded:
My DS gets croup 2-3 times a year since he was 1yrs old. The first time it happened it scared me half to death. I am much calmer now when it happens. I do the shower thing and put him in the stroller and take him outside. I am hoping he wont have any episodes this year.

Hope your little guy feels better soon. The one thing about croup is that it does not last long.

cinder44 responded:
Oh no! I hope he's feeling better today.
Me, DH, DD(4), DS(4)

baby1at35 replied to cinder44's response:
He is feeling much better today. The steroids really helped. He is a bit worn out but did go to school.
It was super scary. Sure hope I don't go through that again.
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

steckie98 replied to baby1at35's response:
I really hate croup. DS gets it once a year at least too. It is so scary. Glad he is on the mend!
Carrie(33), DH (37), DS(4 on 6/13/11),EDD 9/20/11 Team Pink!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Beth and I have been married to my wonderful husband for almost 6 years. We have a 4 1/2 year old son and a 3 month old son. I am the accou...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful