Skip to content
OT: Periods (TMI)
mrswhitecastle posted:
I am 33. Over the past 6 months or so, I've noticed my cycles getting longer and worse (aka more painful). I've started spotting and cramping for several days mid cycle. I also have terrible cramps for 3-4 days before I get my period.

Am I just getting old? Anyone else have their periods get worse as they age?

Sorry for the TMI.
Emily (6) Elizabeth (4)

steckie98 responded:
Before I got pregnant last December, I had just started getting really heavy periods and terrible cramping. I am 33 as well. We'll see how it goes when AF comes back in a few months.
Carrie(33), DH (37), DS(4 on 6/13/11),EDD 9/20/11 Team Pink!

sarah0323 responded:
I'm 33 to and have noticed a change in my cycles. I attributed mine to having my tubes tied though and going off of BC. My cycles are getting longer, and I have been having horrible cramps about 2 days before my period starts. My period has gone from about 4 days to 7 or 8 days. I have also been getting worse migraines right before I start.
Me 33, DD - O 12, DS1 -J 7, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 4, DD2 - E (11/10)

iocasta responded:
With 15 years on you here is what I have learned, there is always a shift in our cycles. As we age our hormones shift, which effect our cycles. It just goes downhill from here. You may experience this for a few cycles and then you'll go back to your old cycles. But it is ever changing. Just wait until you get a little older and they come every two weeks and then be gone for 4 months only to return to be perfectly normal for a few months and then back on the guessing game roller coaster. Fun times.

j9ween3 responded:
I noticed a change after DD1 & then noticed another change after DD2. I'm 37 & they are heavier, more clots, more days. Getting old sucks!
Janine - Tyler -6, Bella -4, Giana -18 months born 8 weeks early

Mainemommy replied to j9ween3's response:
It could be worse this started for me at 23. Went til serveral years and a fibroid removal after DS better currently shhhhhhh
Steph 38 DH 42 DD 9 Asthma eczema and allergies DS 5 Eczema and milk allergy

Backwards in High Heels

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im Brittany and im a SAHM. I have two wonderful kids!!! Lindzie 4 y/o (11-25-05) who started Pre-k in August and Landon 2 y/o (11-12-08) who loves hav...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful