Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
OT: Periods (TMI)
MrsWhiteCastle posted:
I am 33. Over the past 6 months or so, I've noticed my cycles getting longer and worse (aka more painful). I've started spotting and cramping for several days mid cycle. I also have terrible cramps for 3-4 days before I get my period.

Am I just getting old? Anyone else have their periods get worse as they age?

Sorry for the TMI.
Emily (6) Elizabeth (4)

steckie98 responded:
Before I got pregnant last December, I had just started getting really heavy periods and terrible cramping. I am 33 as well. We'll see how it goes when AF comes back in a few months.
Carrie(33), DH (37), DS(4 on 6/13/11),EDD 9/20/11 Team Pink!

sarah0323 responded:
I'm 33 to and have noticed a change in my cycles. I attributed mine to having my tubes tied though and going off of BC. My cycles are getting longer, and I have been having horrible cramps about 2 days before my period starts. My period has gone from about 4 days to 7 or 8 days. I have also been getting worse migraines right before I start.
Me 33, DD - O 12, DS1 -J 7, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 4, DD2 - E (11/10)

Iocasta responded:
With 15 years on you here is what I have learned, there is always a shift in our cycles. As we age our hormones shift, which effect our cycles. It just goes downhill from here. You may experience this for a few cycles and then you'll go back to your old cycles. But it is ever changing. Just wait until you get a little older and they come every two weeks and then be gone for 4 months only to return to be perfectly normal for a few months and then back on the guessing game roller coaster. Fun times.

j9ween3 responded:
I noticed a change after DD1 & then noticed another change after DD2. I'm 37 & they are heavier, more clots, more days. Getting old sucks!
Janine - Tyler -6, Bella -4, Giana -18 months born 8 weeks early

Mainemommy replied to j9ween3's response:
It could be worse this started for me at 23. Went til serveral years and a fibroid removal after DS better currently shhhhhhh
Steph 38 DH 42 DD 9 Asthma eczema and allergies DS 5 Eczema and milk allergy

Backwards in High Heels

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a stay at home mom of two boys, Travis (4-19-05) and Skyler (12-15-06). I've known my DH Joel since 11-23-01 and were married 5-19-05.

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.