Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Levi's behavior (update)
iocasta posted:
I was picking him up at school yesterday and his teacher was walking out with him. We greet and she puts her hand on his head and says I have to tell you something. I immediately braced myself to hear we had a bad day but no. She goes on to say, "Levi was so helpful today and a good role model." On hearing this, I was doing a dance internally. Also, his handwriting and art work has improved dramatically. I see how silly it was for us to take him to the neuro-psyche. At least, we didn't do any of the behavior therapy or the fine motor skill stuff. He is just a little boy that needed a little extra time to mature. He is still little ball of kinetic energy as posted earlier but that's at a normal and acceptable level. Best of all Levi is really loving school this year. He has always liked it but he is really into it this year. Talking in detail about his day and the books that they have read. Hopefully, we have cleared one hurdle, now it is on to the next.

sarahdear responded:
That's great news!

We had back to school night last night and got to talk with George's teacher & student teacher. George had some issues settling into the more structured/confined routine and behaviors of Kindergarten (over preschool) but has really been working hard and it's been clicking for him this week. Hopefully we are turning a corner with the behavior.
Sarah 31, DH 37, George 5, Danielle 3

mrswhitecastle responded:
That's great!

And, instead of thinking that it was silly, think of it as the responsible thing to do. You made sure to explore all of Levi's options. It just turned out that he didn't need it.
Emily (6) Elizabeth (4)

baby1at35 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
That is great ! Sometimes I think some are so quick to what to place a "label" on something. I feel a lot of times maturity just happens.
So happy to hear how great he is doing! Yea!
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

steckie98 responded:
That's great! It's always such a relief to hear those great compliments from people, especially teachers!
Carrie(33), DH (37), DS(4 on 6/13/11), DD(9/14/11)

cinder44 responded:
That's great! maybe he'll be the teachers pet this year.
Me, DH, DD(4), DS(4)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the father of two girls, aged 4 and 6.

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.