Skip to content
Marlowe Update - more surgery
Iocasta posted:
It will be a year ago tomorrow that Marlowe was hit by a car. We have been fighting all summer to figure out why he keeps licking that amputated area and surrounding area raw. The vet took some x-rays to rule out something with the surgery before trying anti-depressants. She sent them over to the surgeon that worked on him last fall. It looks like the pins in amputated leg area and the other hip has moved. The surgeon is worried that they will keep moving and potentially puncture his colon. I hate the idea of sending back under the knife but it has to be done. The vet and surgeon penciled him in for Saturday for surgery but we will be in Scottsdale. I have to reset it for sometime next week. So it seems we are back at square one, one year later.

MrsWhiteCastle responded:
Oh no. I hope surgery goes well, and he is able to fully recover.
Emily (6) Elizabeth (4)

UKbluegirl2 responded:
Poor Marlowe and poor you guys! I'm so sorry. Marlowe is one lucky kitty to have such a loving caring family. Keep us posted.

Mainemommy replied to UKbluegirl2's response:
Poor Marlow it was probably hurting or feeling funny. If they are squeezing him in on a Sat it must be essential
Steph 38 DH 42 DD 9 Asthma eczema and allergies DS 5 Eczema and milk allergy

Backwards in High Heels

cinder44 responded:
That stinks that he & you have to go through this again!! I hope everything goes well. Keep us posted.
Me, DH, DD(4), DS(4)

Stephensmom1214 replied to cinder44's response:
Awww, poor Marlowe! That's tough.
Patty, Erik, and Stephen (12/14/06)

seeit2 responded:
Sorry to hear that about your little kitty - hopefully he'll be on the mend soon. He is a lucky guy to have such a caring family.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to seeit2's response:
Marlowe hit the jackpot with your awesome family.

I can't imagine how stressful this is for all of you! (((hugs))) to the humans and a gentle "scritch" for Marlowe.

There's an awesome WebMD Pet Community with a great moderator and experts if you ever have a question or need some additional pet-ish support

Haylen

Iocasta replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks for the link. Marlowe is a super sweet guy that just showed up in our garden one day.

steckie98 replied to Iocasta's response:
I hope everything goes well with the surgery.
Carrie(33), DH (37), DS(4 on 6/13/11), DD(9/14/11)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a SAHM (HBP Depression sleep apnea) to my 2 kids DS (eczema milk allergy) 6 and DD 10 (asthma eczema and allergic to almost everything w fur) I h...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.