Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Allergy Meds
mrswhitecastle posted:
For those with DC on Claritin, Zyrtec, etc, do you keep them on the meds year round? Or, only during the season when their allergies are at their worst?
Emily (6) Elizabeth (4)

Mainemommy responded:
Jesse takes it allyear round she also takes Flonase her "bad" time is now and in the spring. She is allergic to ragweed outside but everything else is inside including animals (all) & Dustmites. i would rather have her off but its part of her asthma control & i don't dare
Steph 38 DH 42 DD 9 Asthma eczema and allergies DS 5 Eczema and milk allergy

Backwards in High Heels

Stephensmom1214 responded:
I've been giving DS some time off of meds these past few weeks, even though it's a bad allergy time, because he was acting sleepy at school. I think he's just going to have to figure it out, though, becaue he isn't feeling well. He takes Flonase in the spring and summer, but I switch to Zyrtec for fall because it's too dry for nose sprays, and he gets bloody noses as a result.
Patty, Erik, and Stephen (12/14/06)

sarah0323 responded:
We take it year round here. One of my LO's also takes singular and Flonase year round as well. If they don't take it then they get worse and it just isn't worth it.
Me 33, DD - O 12, DS1 -J 7, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 4, DD2 - E (11/10)

baby1at35 replied to sarah0323's response:
I am not sure what to do either. I think I will try after a hard freeze to not have them take it for a bit. Henry will more than likely be okay but not sure about Tre.
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

Mainemommy replied to baby1at35's response:
Ladies when we have been into the Pedi in Oct that's what they say they have been praying for (when they're swamped). We are supposed to have 20's tonight & tomorrow but 77 Fri
Steph 38 DH 42 DD 9 Asthma eczema and allergies DS 5 Eczema and milk allergy

Backwards in High Heels

Spotlight: Member Stories

proud dad of 2 kids, one is 4 1/2 & the baby is 4 months old (born june 2010). married for 13 years & live in the sunny south.....i'm an a...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.