Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
A journey (triggs)
Baby1at35 posted:
[TRIGGER]

Today marks 6 yrs since DH died on a Sunday. It is Sunday again 6 yrs later. Some of you have been through the whole journey with me from when I was pregnant with Henry , the death of DH and birth of Tre. You have offered me so much support and for that Thank you!
I have had a very tough , emotional week. But today although surreal was a strange sort of milestone. I have done a lot of healing in the last year and I know as time goes I still heal. But yes I still miss him dearly.
I posted this on my Facebook:
I am thankful today for the amazing love I had with my husband. On this day 6 yrs ago he made a journey to heaven. Through all this time I have learned so much. Love is truly a gift that is never ending. I am eternally grateful for the marriage I had. So even though he is not present he stays in my heart. I have been blessed in my life with love and my beautiful boys. So thank you my dear husband for loving me.

So here I am starting a new journey towards year 7. Yes it is almost like starting life over from that point each year.

Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

msoy1 responded:
{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}} I remember it all so well. You are an amazing woman; so, very strong. In some ways it does seem like yesterday; and yet so long ago. You have accomplished so much; and you have two boys to be proud of. Your hubby is always there; looking down and watching over the three of you. He is your eternal guardian angel.

God Bless!

Iocasta responded:
I too remember it well. You are such a strong person and have two wonderful boys to help you. ((((((HUGS)))))). Peace and love.

cinder44 responded:
You are such a strong momma with 2 great boys. I wish you a great year ahead.
Me, DH, DD(4), DS(4)

steckie98 responded:
((((HUGS))))
Carrie(33), DH (37), DS(4 on 6/13/11), DD(9/14/11)

kristinmarie722 responded:
(((HUGS)))
and again sorry for your loss.
You are a strong woman and mom!
DS- 7/4/2005

sarah0323 responded:
{{{HUGS}}}
Me 33, DD - O 12, DS1 -J 7, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 4, DD2 - E (11/10)

Mom2Emma23 responded:
Hugs to you <3
SarahDHEmma (4)

VicsEandJ responded:
(((HUGS)))
I am sure your DH is very proud of the way you have raised your boys.

Baby1at35 replied to VicsEandJ's response:
Thanks everyone. Y'all are the best !
I cannot believe it has been this long.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Baby1at35's response:
(((HUGS))) to you and your boys and to everyone here who has given you support.

I've have been inspired by you since we "met" in an introduction discussion in early 2011.

Although I "work" for WebMD, I feel that when I visit this community, I'm having a coffee break with a friend! With a doughnut. A chocolate frosted one with sprinkles!

(((HUGS))) again,

H

seeit2 responded:
Sandra, you are a strong woman and a great mom. {{{{HUGS}}} to you and your boys.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

crunk05177 responded:
Hugs to you and you are doing a wonderful job from what I can "see!" Your husband must be so proud of you and you are so lucky to have loved and to have been loved the way you describe....not everyone is as lucky as you. Stay strong and keep your head up!
Me (28), DH (30), DS1 - Michael (4) and DS2 - Nathan (1 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

Mainemommy replied to crunk05177's response:
HUGS
You are doing a Great Job
Steph 38 DH 42 DD 9 Asthma eczema and allergies DS 5 Eczema and milk allergy

Backwards in High Heels

Baby1at35 replied to Mainemommy's response:
Thanks everyone. Such an emotional week last week. Feeling better this week.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Beth and I have been married to my wonderful husband for almost 6 years. We have a 4 1/2 year old son and a 3 month old son. I am the accou...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.