Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ROLL CALL: Mid-November edition!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Thought we could have a community check in for regulars, noobs and lurkers. Welcome! I'm Haylen, board moderator and I've been with WebMD a year this month and have 2 daughters:
  • 6 year old turning 7 next month in 1st grade in a great public school. She is being tutored for reading and wears an eyepatch full time for vision correction. Trying to determine if vision/reading issues are connected. Sweet and sensitive!
  • 3.5 year old in preschool and will be at her sisters school for kinder. Can't wait to not pay that bill! She had weak muscle tone and a smooshed head so was in PT and wore a helmet as a baby. She is outspoken, funny and a daredevil! She needs that helmet again!
Who is next?

P.S. If you ever have a problem with the site, a question or a comment for the moderating staff, you can always start a discussion with my name so I can answer or find the answer!

Mainemommy responded:
HI I am Stephanie I live in a tiny Maine town (313) I am 38 and have been here for 5 yrs off & on

Both my kids Bday's are in 2 weeks right now
Jess is 9 has asthma allergies (to everything w fur) and eczema she is in the 4th grade

Luke is 5 has eczema & milk allergies He is a Kfriend at his sisters school
Currently I am working Seasonally for a LARGE Maine company
Steph 38 DH 42 DD 9 Asthma eczema and allergies DS 5 Eczema and milk allergy

Backwards in High Heels

cinder44 responded:
Hi I am Cinda. I live in Northeast PA. I just turned 40 last month- eeek!!

Abby & Tim are 4.5 years old. They go to pre-k/daycare FT since both DH & I work FT. They are learning so much at this age it is exciting.

Abby loves pink, babies & barbies but holds her own when playing batman & spiderman with DS. Total drama queen when things aren't going her way.

Tim is all boy loves cars, trucks, spiderman & being just like daddy. He is sweet & sensitive but he can be a handful when he chooses.
Me, DH, DD(4), DS(4)

crunk05177 responded:
My name is Heather and am from Long Island, NY. I am 28 years old and went to school teaching but am working as a medical biller. I also work Saturdays teaching at a tutoring center. I have been on here for probably about 2 years but started out just as a lurker.

My kids are Michael and Nathan. Michael will be 5 on December 7th and began Kindergarten in September. He loves it so much. He is a big mush and definitely a Mommy's boy. He sucks his thumb when he is tired and cries when he is scared. However, he is the best big brother anyone could ask for. He absolutely adores his baby brother.

Nathan just turned 2. He is severely allergic to peanuts and minorly to eggs. He is definitely the physical one and can hold his own in a wrestling match with an almost 5 year old. He started daycare this past September 3 days a week and stays home with my FIL the other two days.
Me (28), DH (30), DS1 - Michael (4) and DS2 - Nathan (1 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

kristinmarie722 responded:
Hi! I am Kristin and I am 30. I have been with WebMD on and off since I was pregnant with DS.(7 years!) I am a single mom and I work full time at one of the largest banks as a project director for new laws and regulations.

DS is Logan and he is 6. He is a super funny kid, who likes to joke around. Lots of energy. I often say he marches to the beat of his own drum! He loves to read and make his own books- write the words and draw the pictures. He loves super hereos.

I have a boyfriend Nick (almost 8 months) and he has 4 kids, 19, 18, 16 and 12. It's a challenge to adjust to 4 extra kids and teenagers at that. But we love doing family stuff together and his kids love DS. We are talking living together and marriage in the future. <3
DS- 7/4/2005

KC_94920 responded:
I'm KC and quite enjoying my last year as a "30 something". I live just outside of San Francisco but spend most of my free time playing in the water or on the ski slopes in Lake Tahoe. I've been chatting on various WebMD parenting boards for about 8.5 years. .

My oldest daughter is Mady and she just turned 9. She is creative, artistic and the most self confident girl I ever dreamed of having. She is active in theater and dance, plays tennis and is a green belt in tae kwon do. She wants to be a vet some day...after she wins American Idol.

My middle guy is Logan and he is 6.5. He is my sweet sensitive cuddle bug who loves to read, build legos, play chess and rock climb. He's growing up so much this year and is maturing at a faster pace than I can keep up with. He aspires to be a great artitect.

My youngest is Coco, who is 3 going on 15. She is the life of any party and laughs more than any kid I know. She is my super athelete who spends her time dragging me to the pool for swim time, the gym for tumbling classes and the dance studio for ballet and tap classes. She started off severly speech delayed and with therapy has made huge strides. She's currently obsessed with traines, planes, ballet and glitter glue and would like to be a piolt and dance the Nutcracker for the SF ballet.
KC~ Mady (9) Logan (6.5) and Coco (3.5)

steckie98 responded:
I'm Carrie, 33 years old, live in Central Wisconsin. I have a son, Ashton, who is 4 and a daughter, Chloe, who is 2 months.

Ashton goes to a daycare/preschool and will be going to Kindergarten next fall.

I am still on maternity leave with Chloe, but she will attend the same daycare. She has been a very fussy baby and we are pretty sure she has a milk protein allergy or intollerance. We are currently on an amino acid based formula.

I work as an Admin Assistant at large medical clinic.
Carrie(33), DH (37), DS(4 on 6/13/11), DD(9/14/11)

sarah0323 responded:
Hi I'm Sarah. I live in the midwest and am 33. I work full time outside of the home. I have five great kids. I found these boards about 5 years ago but lurked until about 2 years ago. My SO and I have been together for 10 years but haven't gotten around to getting married yet and I'm OK with that.

• Olivia who is 12 1/2. She is into music and art. She plays the flute and is trying to talk me into another insturment. She is in 7th grade.
  • Jacob who is 7 (8 in January). He has ADD and ODD. He is a handful at the best of times. He is doing great in school this year. He is into Football, Wrestling and Baseball. Jacob is in 2nd grade.
  • Cristopher who is 6. He has been speech delayed but his language developement has grown by leaps and bounds in the last year. Cristopher has Asthma. He is also receiving occupation therapy for gross and fine motor skills. He is in K this year.
  • Colby who is 4. He is speech delayed. He says lots of things just that no one can understand him. He is in preschool and is doing so much better this year than last. He will actually talk to the teachers this year!!!
  • Emily who just turned 1. She was our "gift" from above. She is walking and finally made it on the charts for her height and weight. I think she is going to be the fiestiest of them all.
Me 33, DD - O 12, DS1 -J 7, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 4, DD2 - E (11/10)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Mainemommy's response:
Steph, I think I can guess that large company! I'm available for free samples or product testing...just sayin'

H

Baby1at35 responded:
Hi I am Sandra. I am a solo mommy with 2 fantastic little boys.

6 yr old- 1st grade in public school. He is sensitive, curious, and loves having lots of friends. He loves any type of physical activity and is always moving. He is doing really well at math and reading right now. A whole new world is opening up now that he is learning to read.
5 yr old-Kindergarten in public school. He is sweet, easy going and funny. He is such a story teller. He loves to draw, color and build things. He is really loving kindergarten and learning.
Well I just went back to work part time. I so far am really loving working there. It hasn't been as many hours as I hoped but that is okay too. It offers lots of flexibility
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

sarahdear responded:
Hi I'm Sarah. I'm 32, currently living in RI, married to my DH almost 13 years, he's an active duty Marine. Currently I'm a full time grad student getting my Masters & my teaching certificate, starting my student teaching, almost done! My DH will retire from the military next year & we will be moving in the summer.

My DS, George is 5, in Kindergarten. He is having issues with "settling down" and "staying on task" He has always been very active, and has told me he gets a bit bored with school, so we will see, his teacher is discussing RTI for his behavior, we're only at this school this year so not sure how much we will get from it. He has some of my perfectionist tendencies, his fathers slightly OCD tendencies, and both of our stubbornness so it's hard for any of us to find the right motivators to help with behavior.

My DD, Danielle is 3, in preschool. She had her tonsils out in July and has as a result given up her nap probably 3-5 days a week, and so is struggling with that at preschool. Trying to figure out when she needs to sleep, and when she doesn't how to behave quietly and be still during naptime so those who do need to nap can do so. She's sweet and cuddly, and stubborn as all get out. We are also working on not letting her get away with everything because she's little, something we let go on too long and are paying the consequences! Especially her Daddy who she has wrapped around her little finger

I feel lucky that for the most part my kids get along great. George will play ponies with his sister and Danielle will play army men battle with her brother. They have normal sibling fights and sometimes I want to pull my hair out then they do something sweet like play together for an hour or more without issue.
Sarah 31, DH 37, George 5, Danielle 3

Mainemommy replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
;0) So do know I said where years ago but w Company PC policies etc i don't say anymore. I have had an occasion when there was chat to complain about a customer though no names. frankly I have worked CS several ways & we have the nicest customers out there
Steph 38 DH 42 DD 9 Asthma eczema and allergies DS 5 Eczema and milk allergy

Backwards in High Heels

VicsEandJ responded:
I'm Vickie. I haven't been on a ot lately but I've been lurking and posting on various Boards since I was pregnant with DD, who will be 3 next month. I'm 43 and live in NYC with my husband of 6 1/2 years and two children.
James is 4 (or 4 1/4 as he says). He's in the pre-k class at his daycare. James is very sweet and kind and very sensitive. He is the baby, even though he is the oldest. Right now he is into learning EVERYTHING- a million questions about everything he sees or hears. He is turning into a sports nut- proving that presents do have great influence over their kids and that kids do listen to us-when it interests them. He is a total boy with the boys in his class but will play nicely with her sister- even when it involves too much pink and purple, as he says.

Ella will be 3 next month. She is a feisty goofball, my tomboy princess. She can and will do whatever her brother does- sometimes better than he does because she's as adverturous as he is cautious. She is into princesses and Dora but will be the first to scream(loudly) that she wants to watch Thomas. Except for her as yet unbroken habit of putting everything in her mouth, she stopped being a baby so long ago, it's hard to remember her as one. She loves school and all of her friends. She wants to be right next to her brother (James-o or brudder) as much as possible because she adores him when she is not torturing him. She is a total daddy's girl!

seeit2 responded:
I'm Deb. My DD Lily is 5 and in Kindergarten. DS is 2 and pushing just about every envelope he can. Both kids have speech delays tho Lily is only battling a lisp and some articulation issues now - huge progress over the years. Both kids have food allergies so I do some pretty creative activities in the kitchen, which I happen to think is fun. I'm training to run the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving day - never been a runner before but I'm starting to enjoy it now.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

ryanandleigh responded:
My name is Leigh and I have been MIA lately. I have two LOs.

Jacen - Age 6 and in Kindergarten. He is loving it. He earns a prize from the treasure box each day and I would say at least 1/2 of them he picks out for his little sister.

Alexa - Age 3 and in preschool 3 mornings a week. She is our daredevil and rule breaker. Such a difference from her brother who is the rule follower.
Leigh, Jacen (6), Alexa (3)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Carrie. I have wonderful 4 year old son and an amazing husband. We were married on June 15, 2013 and he is a wonderful stepfather to my son...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.