Skip to content
Christmas to-do-list where are you
Iocasta posted:
I am in pretty good shape, I think. We have gotten out 70 Christmas cards. DH has about 10 to 12 more to send to business associates. Then it will be the drips and draps of cards to send out to those that we forgot about that sends us cards. I have to get a whole slew of gift cards for various people. The only people left to buy for (I think) is my BIL and SIL. I know what we are getting the BIL but I still haven't locked down something for my SIL. I'm going to do some very minimal Christmas cookie baking this year since we will be out of town. But it isn't Christmas, without a few Christmas cookie favorites. We are having another gingerbread house decorating party this Saturday with 16 LOs. It should be interesting. Last year it was a ton of fun. I'm doing totally old school snacks like homemade Chex mix, spinach dip and a cheese ball. I have to pull together a pre-Christmas dinner with DH's oldest brother and family. We are doing this on the 22nd before we head out of town. Of course, there is still all of the gifts to wrap.

So where are you all on your to-do-list?

Baby1at35 responded:
I have to wrap what I got and get the stocking stuffers then that is done. Planning on doing more Christmas baking.
We have a Christmas party this Sat and have the small gifts to prepare for the kids.
Friday is the Christmas concert so I have to the cam-corder ready.
And of course the straightening of the house/cleaning. I got behind on so much of that lately.
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

ryanandleigh responded:
Still need to get working on the Christmas cards. Today after school I am taking the kids to buy books and ornaments for the exchanges they are participating in this year. We still need gift cards for the teachers and one more item for DS's stocking and then we are done!
Leigh, Jacen (6), Alexa (3)

Baby1at35 replied to ryanandleigh's response:
Oh yes Christmas cards too !
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

VicsEandJ responded:
We took the christmas picture Thanksgivingweekend and got back the cards. I have to start addressing them, but so far I have been stymied twice with getting Christmas stamps at the post office. The first time debit &credit cards were down and I only had $1 in cash, the second time, the line was really long and the auto machine only had flag stamps. Will have all cards that are to be mailed out by Monday.

I bought all of my baking supplies except Rolos, nuts and dried cranberries. Will get it all by Thursday so I can bake this weekend or ealry next week- roudn one to send to my family. Baking for school and in-laws will be the week before Christmas.

We decorated the apartment on Friday except for the tree which we will get on the 17th or 18th.
Have started buying gifts but not nearly done. Expect to be done by the end of the weekend and will wrap as I go. I hope to have my family's stuff shipped by the 15th.

Housecleaning as I go- also trying to figure out wher new stuff will go and throw out unused stuff.

We plan to take the kids to see the tree at Rockefeller center this weekend, but I have to figure out when to take them to pick out a present for DH- this is the first year I'm going to let them choose something.

kristinmarie722 responded:
Taking DS this weekend to see Santa. Then we are going to stop by the craft store and pick out a Christmas craft to do Saturday night.

The following weekend is my Christmas with my mom and my sis and her family. I still need to get my mom's gift. Everyone else's I have. Then do the shopping for our dinner that night. (my sis and I split it)

Finish DS's shopping. A few stocking stuffers, socks, Squinkies and a Power Ranger action figure. Buy SO one more gift and pick out a few little things for his kids.

I am sending out a few Christmas cards. So I need to pick those out. Get some scratch off lottery tickets to my Grandma

Ugh...... writing this list I feel like I have so much more to do, then I thought I did!!!!!!!!!!
DS- 7/4/2005

sarah0323 responded:
I'm no where near ready. I think we need to do everything yet.

* Christmas Cards. Haven't even started they may turn out to be New Year Greetings this year.
* Decorate and put the tree up this weekend.
* Haven't done any baking yet. I am cheating a little this year. Bought alot of cookie dough for a school fund raiser so all I really need to do is bake. Though I still want to make some of our favorites.
* I have the IL's and my dad and the grandparents bought for. I still need to get a few things for the boys. Haven't even started on the girls yet. Mrs. Clause has gotten all of her sewing done so the clothes from her are ready.
*Need to get the school Christmas exchange gifts bought.
*I also need to do something for my staff. I don't have any ideas this year.

My grandmother is having cataract surgery Thursday of this week and also on the 22nd so I will have to take care of that as well. I really can't beleive that Christmas is almost here and I don't feel like I have done anything yet.
Me 33, DD - O 12, DS1 -J 7, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 4, DD2 - E (11/10)

j9ween3 responded:
house is decorated
cards are at the printer's
some gifts are bought

to do:
mail cards
finish shopping
wrap everything
visit Santa
Janine - Tyler -6, Bella -4, Giana -19 months born 8 weeks early

Stephensmom1214 responded:
Ugh, I've finished shopping, but I haven't finished the interior decorations yet. And I haven't even STARTED my baking!! I've just had too much business, and I was sick, and then the boy's birthday is next week... I just can't get it together this year, it seems! Oh, and we don't even HAVE our cards yet, LOL!
Patty, Erik, and Stephen (12/14/06)

cinder44 responded:
  • still need to do cards & wrapping
  • finish shopping for the inlaws, stocking stuffers, DH & one or 2 gifts for the kids,
  • need to get gift cards for the preschool teachers
  • decorating done
  • on a diet so I am only making a dozen or 2 of cookies the night before going to get togethers if at all (haven't made up my mind yet)
Me, DH, DD(4), DS(4)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Getting married in 3 weeks to my hunny who ive been with for 6 years. We have a soon to be 5 year old son together, and we are expecting baby number 2...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.