Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Winter Break !
baby1at35 posted:
We are on winter break now until Jan 5th! The boys are very excited.
Going to have them help me bake today! Should be fun.
We are also decorating flower pots for my Mom & brother to put our baked goods into.
Otherwise no weekend plans. I am happy actually to not really have plans and just kind of wing it.
The weather is going to be pretty good so since our zoo is open year round we may go to get some exercise and fun in. There is a lot of indoor stuff to see and they decorate for Christmas..
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

sarahdear responded:
Man I'm jealous! Here, the last day of school is next Friday the 23rd and they go back on the 3rd, such a short time it seems to me. They do get a "winter break" for a week in February in addition to their spring break in April, but I'd rather have the time now than in Feb.
Sarah 31, DH 37, George 5, Danielle 3

baby1at35 replied to sarahdear's response:
We do get a really long break. The other districts around us do not get one as long.
I really enjoy it..having this time. But by the end they are ready to go back !
My Mom will be here on Thurs and my brother/SIL will be here Friday.
Can't wait !
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

iocasta responded:
Levi is on Christmas break now as well. He and DH went out for lunch and then were going to the museum of science and industry. I have made some Russian teacakes, peanut brittle and have some rolled sugar cookie dough chilling in the fridge. Levi will cut out and decorate the cookies this afternoon. I am getting ready to wrap some presents and do a 12 km row. We got about 1.5 inches of snow, not much but it does make it looking seasonal.

peachteach1 responded:
I/we are on break until the 3rd ...WOOHOO! The first order of business was to turn off the alarm clock, so what did I do? Wake up at 5:30 anyway. That was not unexpected as I went to bed at 5:30 last night and fell alseep at 8:45ish. DH and I have a mild case of what Sam has.

kristinmarie722 responded:
DS is on break for the next 2 weeks. This first week he is with me. I have to work, so he is at my work's back up daycare, which he loves! Lots of fun stuff to do. Christmas day (around 2) he will go with his dad until New years Day! I am kind of freaking out- since the max I have been away from him is 5 days. But I am going to be keeping busy, day after Christmas off, so I am going to go shopping and I have a New Years Eve party. In between I am going to do some cleaning, etc.
Jan.2 we are both off and I plan on taking DS to see the new Chipmunk movie.
DS- 7/4/2005

VicsEandJ responded:
You guys are lucky. The kids have 'school' all this week. DH & I are off after Thursday- though DH may have to work on Tuesday next week.

I cannot wait. I have been working like a demon at home and work trying to get everything done so that I can realy enjoy being off and not have a lot of last minute things to do.
Friday is Ella's bday- I can't believe my baby will be 3! They have a holiday party at school that day so, DH & I get part of that day to ourselves.

We all go back on the 3rd.

laney0705 responded:
DS is on break now too. We only work 2 days next week so I took those as vacation days. So I have off from the 23rd to Jan. 2 and only used 2 vacation days.....WOOO HOOO!! This will be longest I've been home since my maternity leave 2 years ago. Don't have anything planned. I might bake some more. I like the idea of making your own ornaments so maybe we'll do something like that. Hoping the weather is nice so we can get outside.
Me(42)DH(39)DS(5)DD(2)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Beth and I have been married to my wonderful husband for almost 6 years. We have a 4 1/2 year old son and a 3 month old son. I am the accou...More

Helpful Tips

Glowstick bathtime!
Go to the dollar store and buy some glowsticks, then for bathtime (after kids are safely in the tub) dim the lights and have a glowing ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 38 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.