Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Do you buy gifts for your pets?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Do you guys get pet gifts? If so, what do you get for dogs and cats and how much do you spend?

My husband had picked out thirty bucks of stuff for our two dogs at Target and I said NO. He thinks I'm a scrooge!

Haylen

sarah0323 responded:
We get the dogs a bag of treats to share and a new bone a piece. $15.00 tops for both of them.

I had never bought gifts for our pets until I got with my SO.
Me 33, DD - O 12, DS1 -J 7, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 4, DD2 - E (11/10)

VicsEandJ responded:
My kids like to get soemthing for my sister's dog whenever we go to my sister's house- usually they buy food or a toy!
Since we are not going there for Christmas, they didn't mention the dog and I forgot to get something! I'm sure my sisiter will comment on it!

sarahdear responded:
Santa always gets a new candy-cane shaped rawhide for our dog Scooby, helps keep her entertained while we open presents so she doesn't try to help with ripping the wrapping paper.

My aunt usually buys her a bag of treats as well, and my Dad often buys her something.
Sarah 31, DH 37, George 5, Danielle 3

seeit2 responded:
Of course! They are also members of the family! We tell the kids that Santa loves pets as much as kids....but I think 30 bucks would be my absolute limit.

Every year my mom sends a wrapped rawhide for my dog in her Christmas gifts...she labels it as "from" her dog, isn't that cute?
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to seeit2's response:
That is super cute!

I think I'll head to the 99 cent store for their gifts..the girls will love that santa thought of our dogs!

Haylen

iocasta responded:
I'm a serious scrooge in your DH's eyes. I don't understand the whole giving pets gift thing.

kristinmarie722 replied to iocasta's response:
I always want to buy my cat something, but I am too cheap. LOL.
DS- 7/4/2005

ryanandleigh responded:
Pets are part of the family! We get the cats some toys. This year we bought a stocking full of 21 toys for $5 which will be split between the 3 cats. When we had dog, she would get a new bone and a toy or two.
Leigh, Jacen (6), Alexa (3)

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I used to get my cats stockings with toys in them. Due to money issues, haven't gotten them anything for at least two years.

One of my cats is easy to "buy" for. He loves chewing on straws and (TMI to follow) empty tampon applicators.

FarmWife1979 responded:
No, the cats are happy to play with the balled up scraps of wrapping paper after the gifts are opened.

cinder44 responded:
I used to when she was a puppy & would tear it open. Nowadays she could care less. She'll be 16 next month. Her present will be her sleeping in the basement peacefully away from the chaos.
Me, DH, DD(4), DS(4)

Spotlight: Member Stories

KC~ lucky mom to DD1 (9), DS (7) and DD2 (4)

Helpful Tips

Glowstick bathtime!
Go to the dollar store and buy some glowsticks, then for bathtime (after kids are safely in the tub) dim the lights and have a glowing ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 38 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.