Skip to content
Resolutions 2012!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
See ya later 2011!

Do you make New Year's resolutions? I used to but have been out of the habit since kids came along.

I'm working on a list right now that includes more exercise, veggies and patience!

How about you? Do you make and keep resolutions? What's on your list for 2012?

Haylen

seeit2 responded:
Where do you get patience? I'm plum out.

I've never been much on resolutions, but I do have a goal of running at least 2 more 5Ks this coming year. I have two specific races picked out. If they go well I may try a 10K down the line but I'm not in any big hurry to hurt myself that much.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

crunk05177 responded:
This is hopefully going to be a big year for me! I say this now LOL!

My plan is to lose weight....like seriously lose weight...I am going to join WW and lose...

I want to exercise...I just ordered the Wii fit from Amazon and I am going to exercise

My friend will be watching DS2 instead of daycare...that gives me almost $300 a month extra I can put towards my debt...I want to pay it off, or have most paid off by 2013....I am cutting up my cards and no more shopping just to shop

I want to get my own health in order...I want to start seeing a therapist to help my crazy mood swings I can't control

I also want to look into going back to school. I want to see how much it would cost to get my certification in special education...I THINK I can just get a certification and not another Master's degree. I hope lol....

I say these things a lot but I am going to do it for real this time. I may need some help staying motivated throughout 2012 but I want to do it!
Me (28), DH (30), DS1 - Michael (4) and DS2 - Nathan (1 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

UKbluegirl2 replied to seeit2's response:
I'm getting ready (still too scared to commit) to sign up for the KY Derby Mini Marathon. I tried to guilt DH into running it with me; he did not fall for it. So now I am going try my sister. The registration fills up fast, so I NEED to do it.

I'll also be looking with Deb for the Patience Store.

baby1at35 responded:
I plan on exercising more
Getting some debt paid off
And finding a bit more peace...I tend to be a worrier and I would like to change that to relax more. I need to let more roll off my shoulders
I would also like to expand my friendship circles and meet a few more friends.
Maybe date a bit if the right guy wanders in my life
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

sarahdear responded:
No resolutions here, I'm stressed enough without adding to it voluntarily....

but there are some things I should do,
like go to the doctor to find a way to deal with my stress & depression issues
lose weight, big time
spend more quality time with my kids.

as it is, next year is going to be a big one for us.
I will graduate with my M.A. and be certified to teach chemistry,
DH will retire from the military,
we will hopefully buy our forever house during a 1 week trip back home during spring break,
move cross country, get settled and be ready to go in less than 4 weeks,
hopefully also get a job for myself before the school year starts,
DH will start college full time
Sarah 31, DH 37, George 5, Danielle 3

VicsEandJ responded:
my biggest resolution is to finish losing my baby weight. My youngest turned 3 on Friday, so it should have been 2009s resolution! :-0
After that, I plan to lose my newlywed weight- also overdue since I've been amrried almost 7 years!

I also want to get my tiny living space better organized. I could go on and on, but then there'd be no chance of meeting my goal! Happy New Year

kc_94920 responded:
I like setting goals for myself and while one or two reaccur each year the process helps me get my head in the right place after the holidays.

This year, I'd like to continue my quest for better overall health, be nicer to DH (he probably gets the shortest end of my stick more than he should), read more at night (as opposed to watching an hour of mindless TV) and increase my volunteer hours in the kids' schools and comunity.

Here's to everyone meeting their goals!
KC~ Mady (9) Logan (6.5) and Coco (3.5)

baby1at35 responded:
Oh want to add one as well.
Work on my career and towards full time.
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

kristinmarie722 replied to crunk05177's response:
I want to work on being a better mother. More patience with my son and more of the 1on1 time my son craves. A lot of it is single mother guilt, so maybe work on not feeling so guilty about that

Save money and quit using my credit cards. I would be fine financially if I could just stop the cycle!

Spend more time with my friends and family or do more things for them, even send cards, etc.
I have been super involved with my SO, which is fine cause it's so new to me to be so in love and have someone treat me so good, but I dont see my family and friends as much.
DS- 7/4/2005

cinder44 responded:
I have started on the road to taking care of ME. I want to continue.

I will lose 40-50 more pounds this year(I have lost 35lbs with weight watchers). I will exercise more often & continue to eat better. I want to be able to run a mile or two continuously - right now I'm just interval training, 2 mins run, 2 mins walk.

I want take more time for me & not feel guilty. I also want to make more time for DH.

I want to organize & clean better. I have been seriously slacking in organization since the DC have been born. And yes that will soon be 5 years!! *embarrassed*
Me, DH, DD(4), DS(4)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Carrie. I have wonderful 4 year old son and an amazing husband. We were married on June 15, 2013 and he is a wonderful stepfather to my son...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.