Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My 5 year old son is vomiting only at night... ?!?!?
Mamabear1267 posted:
Has anyone ever experienced or heard of a child vomiting only at night?

ryanandleigh responded:
Well most often if DS vomits it is at night. Is it happening every night? Does he have reflux or anything?
Leigh, Jacen (6), Alexa (3)

FarmWife1979 responded:
Sinus drainage running down his throat when he lays down to sleep? Acid reflux? Both of those things come to mind. Any other symptoms??

VicsEandJ responded:
DD did this twice during the last week- once while sleeping in our bed. She was very congested, no fever and when she blew her nose, the mucus was very yellow and thick. She was very congested and woke up coughing both times. Her vomit was full of mucus.

the pedi said she had a sinus infection and fluid in her ears. Her pedi said she didn't need antiobiotics for the sinus infcetion but because her ears were fullof luid and it was holidya weekend comign up, she gave us a prescirpion for an antiobiotic. Todya is her 3rd day on it and she ahs slept like a baby since getting it.

If it has been going on a shile, I'd have the pedi take a look. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the father of two girls, aged 4 and 6.

Helpful Tips

Glowstick bathtime!
Go to the dollar store and buy some glowsticks, then for bathtime (after kids are safely in the tub) dim the lights and have a glowing ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 38 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.