Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
therapy or counseling?
Anon_130687 posted:
has anyone been and did it help? i've hit a low period but don't know what kind of therapy would work for me. i suspect it might turn into couples but will have to wait and see.

feedback appreciated -

crunk05177 responded:
I am in the same boat as you....my midwife gave me a name of someone awhile ago but I never had the guts to call. I tried yesterday and the number seemed to be a fax number. I am going to try again today. Good luck and feel better!
Me (28), DH (30), DS1 - Michael (4) and DS2 - Nathan (1 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

kristinmarie722 responded:
I go to counseling. I started going a few years back when I was having issues with my son's dad. It turned into couples therapy for awhile and did help us. We actually had a nice year together as a family. However, when he returned to his old ways, I started going again, alone and it helped me get the courage to leave him, which I needed to. (not sure what your situation is).
I guess what I am trying to say, yes it helps! Because of costs, I dont go as often as I should, but when I go it helps so much.
Good luck!
DS- 7/4/2005

crunk05177 replied to kristinmarie722's response:
Thank you for sharing that, I needed that....even though this wasn't my discussion.
Me (28), DH (30), DS1 - Michael (4) and DS2 - Nathan (1 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

kristinmarie722 replied to crunk05177's response:
No problem

I am a strong believer in that it really helped me change my life for the best.
I have an amazing counselor who really makes me think about things. And he gives me great advice and pushes me in the right direction to make the right choices for DS and myself.
I actually have an appointment next week and I havent been since last Spring and I am can not wait to go. I know I will feel better after talking to him.

Good luck! and (((HUGS)))
DS- 7/4/2005

cinder44 responded:
I would like to have someone to just talk to. Sometimes I wonder if I could work some things out in my family's history if I wouldn't be such an angry fly off the handle person.

If I could afford it I think I would go. Plus I'm kind of shy & doesn't it take like a year to spill the beans to get them to know you.

If you need help there's nothing wrong with going. ((((Hugs))))
Me, DH, DD(4), DS(4)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Ashley I am a 25 year old SAHM. I have been married to my wonderful hubby Chris (27) for 7 years. We have 2 kids together Kaiden (5) an...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.