Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
A Brag
kristinmarie722 posted:
1/4 was my 1 year anniversary of not smoking!

It's been hard... I wont lie.... but I am so happy I did it! And even prouder that I did it because DS asked me too. He is an amazing kid and I want to be in his life for as long as possible.
DS- 7/4/2005

crunk05177 responded:
Congrats!!! Such a great feeling right? I hit 5 years in September!!
Me (28), DH (30), DS1 - Michael (4) and DS2 - Nathan (1 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

kristinmarie722 replied to crunk05177's response:
When do the cravings go away???? LOL!
I still crave a cigarette. Sometimes as strong as when I was smoking. And it turns me into insta "B". LOL.

Congrats on your 5 years!
DS- 7/4/2005

VicsEandJ responded:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is definitely something to be proud of!!

Laney0705 responded:
Congratualtions!
Me(42)DH(39)DS(5)DD(2)

crunk05177 replied to kristinmarie722's response:
Well I quit when I was pregnant so it was easier for me...and I lived in a basement apartment and he was born in the beginning of December. Once he was born, it was a hike to get outside to have one, in the cold no less and I didn't want my baby to smell like smoke. I had a lot of things telling me no, no, no lol. Sometimes when I am really really upset I want to just have one or if I walk by someone smoking my Marlboro Lights I take a deep breath or two. I have not held someone else's packs or a regular lighter in 5 years and don't think I could without getting the urge. It gets easier but I think it is a lifelong fight just like any other addiction.

Congrats and can't wait this time next year will be having the same conversation but you will be at 2 years! Stay strong!!
Me (28), DH (30), DS1 - Michael (4) and DS2 - Nathan (1 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

seeit2 responded:
Congratulations! That is fantastic!! Good for you!!!!

I hate to say this, but I quit in 1999 and I still get the occasional craving. NOTHING like the first year, but...I don't know if it ever goes away.

You should be very proud of yourself. Not an easy feat.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

Iocasta responded:
Congrats!!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Iocasta's response:
AWESOME!

I quit when I was 30 (almost 15 years ago!)

The ONLY reason I quit is because the price went up to $2.25 and I'm a cheap-o miser

Over the years, I've had evenings when I've had a smoke with a cocktail but not in years.

I still think occasionally think about smoking now when I have a cup of coffee...Even tho the smell now grosses me out!

H

kristinmarie722 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
There is something about a cigarette and coffee LOL.

Congrats to everyone who has quit!
DS- 7/4/2005

cinder44 responded:
it was the best thing DH & I did almost 8 years ago! I quit b/c I didn't want to have kids exposed to second hand smoke.

Eww the smell of ppl who smoke is gross. can't believe I ever smelled like that. The smell turns me off - no real cravings in a long, long time. And now I could never afford it. They cost almost $6 a pack!!
Me, DH, DD(4), DS(4)

cinder44 replied to cinder44's response:
Oops forgot!

Congrats & keep away from them!!
Me, DH, DD(4), DS(4)

sarah0323 responded:
Congratulations!!!
Me 33, DD - O 12, DS1 -J 7, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 4, DD2 - E (11/10)

sarah0323 responded:
Congratulations!!!
Me 33, DD - O 12, DS1 -J 7, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 4, DD2 - E (11/10)

peachteach1 responded:
Congrats!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Roxanne, mother to Jonathan who's 4 and Chloe and Thomas who just turned 1 year old. I've been married for 8 years now and love my hus...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.