Skip to content
4 year old with some sort of sore in mouth
mwhite80 posted:
My 4 year old son Paul is speech delayed and cannot tell me what is wrong. I know he has a problem somewhere on the right side of his mouth. He only lets feel on the outside of his mouth without screaming and crying in protest, so i cannot feel what is wrong. I don;t know if it is a canker sore or a cavity. No problems with eating. I can brush his teeth gently but i have to be very careful. This has been goin on for three days now. Any advice?
Stephensmom1214 responded:
I'd take him to the doctor or dentist. If it's a canker sore, it could be the start of Hand Foot Mouth disease. Or it could be that he has a sore throat, or really anything. I hope he feels better soon!
Patty, Erik, and Stephen (12/14/06)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the father of two girls, aged 4 and 6.

Helpful Tips

my son is soon to be 5 and me and my husband thinks he has undecended testicles.
when my son was about 1 our doctor thought my son had undescended testicles and sent us to a specialist. The specialist said he was find ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.