Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
4 year old with some sort of sore in mouth
mwhite80 posted:
My 4 year old son Paul is speech delayed and cannot tell me what is wrong. I know he has a problem somewhere on the right side of his mouth. He only lets feel on the outside of his mouth without screaming and crying in protest, so i cannot feel what is wrong. I don;t know if it is a canker sore or a cavity. No problems with eating. I can brush his teeth gently but i have to be very careful. This has been goin on for three days now. Any advice?

Stephensmom1214 responded:
I'd take him to the doctor or dentist. If it's a canker sore, it could be the start of Hand Foot Mouth disease. Or it could be that he has a sore throat, or really anything. I hope he feels better soon!
Patty, Erik, and Stephen (12/14/06)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a SAHM (HBP Depression sleep apnea) to my 2 kids DS (eczema milk allergy) 6 and DD 10 (asthma eczema and allergic to almost everything w fur) I h...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.