Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bath toy suggestions?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
My daughters LOVE to play in the tub together (and it gives me time to brush/floss and read the paper). They used to have a bunch of bath toys but they got gross and I had to toss. Last night they set up a naked Barbie hair salon.

Was wondering if your kids love bath time and what are their fave toys in the tub?

Haylen

p.s. Bought "bath fingerpaint" once - toy FAIL. What a mess!

sarah0323 responded:
My boys take their hot wheels to the tub. They like to give their cars a bath.

I don't have any suggestions for girls, sorry. My kids each get 5 minutes in the tub. Wash first then play if there is time left. There are just too many needing in the bathroom for a long bath for anyone in our house.
Me 33, DD - O 12, DS1 -J 7, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 4, DD2 - E (11/10)

crunk05177 responded:
I throw the kids in the tub to clean the bathroom....minus the tub obviously....

They have the stacking cups, bath paints with brushes, finger paints, crayons, the letters that stick to the wall, boats, watering can, shaving kits...
Me (28), DH (30), DS1 - Michael (4) and DS2 - Nathan (1 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

kc_94920 responded:
We have a set of realistic looking sea creatures that my kids love to play with in the tub. The animals/fish don't have holes in them so they don't mold inside and dry well in the toy organizer that is atached to the tub wall.

The little one likes to play with the foam letters/numbers and bath crayons as well.
KC~ Mady (9) Logan (6.5) and Coco (3.5)

steckie98 responded:
Ashton loves baths and got the Matchbox shark ship thing for Christmas that can be a water or land toy. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
Carrie(33), DH (37), DS(4 on 6/13/11), DD(9/14/11)

iocasta replied to steckie98's response:
Levi's Matchbox mega rigs often find their way into the tub as well. These are great re-configurable toys. Levi finds just playing with the wash cloth is a lot of fun. It becomes many different things in his mind.

neeru_pdx responded:
Mine like kitchen stuff - spatulas, sieves, colanders, serving spoons, slotted spoons ...

VicsEandJ responded:
MY DS and DD like their color changing Cars movie cars. They also still play with an old water wheel, and their baby squeeze toys- they have ones that come apart- a cat and a seahorse. They had a little paddleboat, but it got moldy. They have a Christmas toy with spongebob in a boat - there's only one so it is often fought over

They also have squirt bottles- for fine motor skiils practice and squirt each other a lot. Our rules are no quiritng mom and dad the water has to stay in the tub, so they squirt the walls too.
Every time we tell the kids its bathtime, DD says 'daddy is going to get water in my eyes!' They always say they don't want to get in, but they enjoy the naked kid run (they are nuts!) before they get in. Of course, once they are in, they never want to get out. DS is afraid to take a shower, He says he'll do it whne he's 12- LOL!!!

DD likes whatever her brother likes and I was always too chicken to let them use markers in the tub, so we have nothing girly.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to VicsEandJ's response:
My kids love the naked run around the house too! Nothing cuter than 3 year old buns dashing down the hall!

H

mwhite80 responded:
My son plays with squirt toys, plastic boats, bath crayons, foam letters and numbers, a watering can, and cars bath poofs. My son loves tub time and yes after a while the toys get icky and moldy. We throw those toys away and go out and buy new ones(the toys we regularly but only cost a dollar or 2, max $5) It keeps tubby time from getting boring, also make sure you squeeze out all they water from squirt toys or spounges your self, I always get out more after my son cleans up himself.

laney0705 responded:
we love the bath crayons. ds and dd also just bring in their regular toys (that don't require batteries). dd ususally has her barbies and ds plays with his animals and action figures.

the squirt toys gross me out b/c they get moldy inside.
Me(42)DH(39)DS(5)DD(2)

Stephensmom1214 responded:
We dont' really do bath toys anymore, because DS mostly likes to work on his swim strokes in the tub (yes, in just 4-5 inches of water). I never thought of taking cars in there, though!
Patty, Erik, and Stephen (12/14/06)

VicsEandJ replied to Stephensmom1214's response:
Ever since I told my kids that they are going to take swiming lessons soon, they have started 'swimming' in the tub, too.

neeru_pdx replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
My DS calls it a "naked bum run"!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Heather (29) and have been married for about 6 1/2 years to my DH (32). We got married on our 8th anniversary. We have two beautiful boys. ...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.