Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Spring Break?
UKbluegirl2 posted:
What are you guys doing for Spring Break?

This is the first job where I can actually afford to take off without it being career suicide. Sooo.....

We were going to go back to FL where we went on summer vacation because it was easy and relatively close. But a friend told me the weather was hit or miss.

iocasta responded:
We may do a quick trip to DC. We took Levi there two years ago and he loved it then. I am sure he will be even more so now. Levi also gets a winter break. I don't have any plans for that.

VicsEandJ responded:
This is also the alst year we dont' have toworry about spring break- I love my kids's daycare- they only close the week between Chirstmas and New Years, so there's nota lot of breaks to fill.

Next year will be different. There'll be winter and spring break, in addition to Chrsitmas, summer and every other holiday.
When is you spring break Lynn. I've been to Florida in mid- Marcha nd it was warm but not warm enough for lots of time in the water. It was rainy, but not excesively so. I've also been in early May and it was really warm then.

VicsEandJ replied to iocasta's response:
Steph,

The only time to go to DC is in the spring, if you ask me - as someone who grew up there!

If your spring break coincides with the cherry blossoms blooming- even better!

baby1at35 replied to VicsEandJ's response:
I am not sure yet. It is the week of Tre's birthday so still trying to decide!
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

UKbluegirl2 replied to VicsEandJ's response:
We are off the first week of April. 4/2 through 4/6.

VicsEandJ replied to UKbluegirl2's response:
I'd think most of Florida would be warm enough. Check with a tourism site for their average temperature and rainfall for that time of the year.

It's been a wrrmer than normal winter for a lot or the country, hopefully you won't get the week of rain!

baby1at35 replied to VicsEandJ's response:
My Mom wants me to check out Disneyworld. We did throw around going spring break time. Ours is the week before the last week in March. I wonder if that would be a good time or not? Otherwise we are thinking May after school ends.
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

sarahdear responded:
Ours is April 14-22 and we are flying back to KS to buy (hopefully) our house, and if I can swing it to work out I will be doing some interviews during that week as well.

For winter break in February, we won't be doing much, I'll be working on my lesson plans
Sarah 31, DH 37, George 5, Danielle 3

VicsEandJ replied to baby1at35's response:
I was in Orlando ( bud didn't go to Disney!) once during the week including March 19th for sring training and my anniversary and the weather was cool for the beach, but perfect for walking around and watching sports- low 70s. Since Easter and Passover aren't until April this year, Disney might not be too crowded.

kc_94920 responded:
Our Spring Break is April 9th-13th, which is typically the last week of ski season but given we'll have skiied almost every weekend since mid December I'm pushing for a few warm weather days after some Easter weekend skiing. I think Cabo is #1 on my list but we've never been there before with kids so I'd have some work to do to pull it off.
KC~ Mady (9) Logan (7) and Coco (almost 4)

ryanandleigh responded:
Spring break here is March 12-16. The 12th is DD's birthday so DS and I will probably take her to the children's museum or something. We don't have any trips planned over break.
Leigh, Jacen (6), Alexa (3)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Currently in Rhode Island, DH is active duty military. We've been here a bit over a year, it's our 5th duty station since we were married 11 y...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.