Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Going to see any concerts this year?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
My BFF can't wait to see Radiohead next month. I haven't been to a concert since hubby drug me to see KISS a few years ago.

Do you have plans to see any live music this year? Who would you LOVE to see live?

See a list of who is touring below - Haylen

2012 Tour Preview from Rolling Stone

(Includes the Who, Rolling Stones, Madonna, Van Halen, Bruce Springsteen, Kenny Chesney, The Eagles)

coltonsmommy responded:
I am going to see Nickelback in May!! It'll be the third time I've seen them! They're playing with Seether, Bush and My Darkest Days. I'd like to see Theory of a Deadman, who are playing in my hometown, but I won't be able to I saw them at the state fair last summer, so that'll have to suffice.

iocasta responded:
We haven't been to a concert in years. The last one was a Wilco concert. Radiohead would be an awesome show.

kristinmarie722 responded:
Last concert was the summer before last I saw the Smashing Pumpkins. Before that last concert was when I was preggers with DS. (Chevelle and Helmet)
I would love to go to a country concert. Miranda Lamber, Sugarland, Zac Brown Band, Lady A.
I have been to a lot of concerts, non country though. Before DS it didnt seem like a big deal to spend the money. Now I cant really justify it.
DS- 7/4/2005

VicsEandJ responded:
DH & I have never been to see a concert together and we've known ieach nearly 11 years! We are very much alike -except for musical tastes. He loves the Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, Rush and other rmusic by people who really can't sing (IMO!!). I like more top 40, sing along stuff, though I think my range of tastes is bigger than his and we both like U2, Radiohead, Pearl Jam and other 90s Grunge Stuff. I also love old R & B- Al Green, Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight etc., none of whom I have seen in concert. I did see Dionee Warwich and Lou Rawls as a child ( my mom ottok us everywhere!).

DH & I had planned to go see U2 once, it was years ago and I don't remember exactly why we didn't get tickets but I think it conflcited with tracel plans.I saw them at Yankees stadium 290 years ago- sooo good.

In my teens, 20s and early 30s I went to tons of concerts, my favorite of all time was simply Red- I was on the front row and couldn't hear for days after- and Live, they were AWESOME!

I have always wanted to see Hall & Oates- my favorite group as a child/teen.

VicsEandJ replied to VicsEandJ's response:
sorry for the typos. I am old, and so is Bono (though still hot!), but I did not see U2 290 years ago, but it was 20!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to coltonsmommy's response:
These posts are reminding me of music that I love! Will have to tweak my Pandora stream today...My husband would never see Nickelback with me but I dearly love that group - and the lead singer - cutie! Smashing Pumpkins, one of my faves.

I would LOVE to see Barry Manilow in Vegas...

VicsEandJ replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
I LOVE BARRY MANILOW!!!

I fear that if I tried to see him in Vegas the same thing would happen that happened when I wanted to see Gladys Knight while in Vegas on my anniversary- it was one of the few weeks a year when SHE was on vacation!!!

Every New year's eve I feel sad that they no longer show him singing on Dick Clark's show- I am old and pathetic!!!

steckie98 replied to VicsEandJ's response:
Barry Manilow is going to be in Green Bay in a few months and DH doesn't want to go with me. It's an hour and 15 min away from us, but he said he draws the line at Barry Manilow Wanna come!?
Carrie(33), DH (37), DS(4), DD(9/14/11)

VicsEandJ replied to steckie98's response:
If I wasn't scared to leave my babies ( I know, I am pathetic!), I'd be there!

UKbluegirl2 replied to VicsEandJ's response:
In my wild early 20s I went to tons of concerts, ACDC, Van Halen, Skid Row, Hank Williams Jr., ZZ Top, Nickelback (3x), Eddie Money (lol) and numerous others. But my first love will always be my first concert, BON JOVI!!!! Oh how I heart them.

DH is dying to see Van Halen again (think they are on tour now?) and Halen he so wants to see KISS!!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to UKbluegirl2's response:
Blue - It sounds like we could have hung out in your early 20s!

Van Halen is on tour:

http://www.tourtracker.com/artist/van-halen/1111228/?flv=1

However the ticket price in Los Angeles is too much for us right now - as my husband said - "We need a couch!"

When we went last time, they did a close up of Eddie's hand during a guitar solo and my husband and I were both disturbed that it looked like a liver-spotted old man hand! Ha ha ha...I shouldn't talk, my hands look old now too!!!

H

UKbluegirl2 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
I know...I saw the prices for here, pretty ugly. I'll just be keeping that little tour tracker link to myself.

DH has several VH cds that he rotates in his vehicle. My boy's favorite song is "Girl, you really got me..." Pretty funny and disturbing all at once coming out of the mouth of a 3YO.

VicsEandJ replied to UKbluegirl2's response:
My sister was a big Van Halen fan when we were in high schhol- We listened to 1984 -the actual album!- abouta milliton times. David Lee Roth is touring with them again- I love him. But I also read that Eddie Van Halen's son with Velanrie Betinelli, Wolfgangg, is in the band now- LOL! I would feel so odd seeing a band that had members whose birth I remember!!

VicsEandJ replied to UKbluegirl2's response:
Lynn,
Your DS's song choice is less distrubing than my 4 year old's- he loves signing" I'm on the right track baby, I was born this way!" DH would rather he sang Van Halen than Lady Gaga!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a SAHM (HBP Depression sleep apnea) to my 2 kids DS (eczema milk allergy) 6 and DD 10 (asthma eczema and allergic to almost everything w fur) I h...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.