Skip to content
Weird AF question sorry for TMI
crunk05177 posted:
A friend of mine has been trying to get pregnant so being on the phone with her every day I have confused my last period with hers! HA! I was a little surprised when I got my period this month. I wasn't expecting it. Two days in a row prior, I woke up with a sore back and just thought I slept wrong. When I woke up Sunday it was like WAM....full blown flow (which is unusual for me). It was extremely heavy and Monday I had some small clots which is also unusual. Monday night I woke up in the middle of the night with horrible heart burn. Last night and today I have been lightheaded and almost dizzy. Anyone else have these symptoms with their AF? Besides horrible horrible cramping as a teenager, I never had any other symptoms in my life.
Me (28), DH (30), DS1 - Michael (4) and DS2 - Nathan (1 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I have not had this experience - but I think such a drastic difference warrants a call to your gyno. Might be nothing but I wouldn't risk ignoring something that could get worse!

H

steckie98 responded:
I had this my first period after having DD. It was terrible. And last November (2010) I had just come off BCP and also had it. I thought I was going to have to go to the ER I bled so much and felt like I was going to pass out. The last few months now have been ok since the post pregnancy one. If it happens again next month for you, I would go to the doctor. Good luck!
Carrie(33), DH (37), DS(4), DD(9/14/11)

Mainemommy replied to steckie98's response:
Currently I have to change my pad at least once a night though I'm 38
I also started having clots (large sometimes) & flooding at 24 sometimes a pad an hour. for years I did have a fibroid a harmless tumor if you have a pap soon bring it up
Steph 38 DH 42 DD 9 Asthma eczema and allergies DS 5 Eczema and milk allergy

Backwards in High Heels

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Carrie. I have wonderful 4 year old son and an amazing husband. We were married on June 15, 2013 and he is a wonderful stepfather to my son...More

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.