Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Surgery tomorrow
iocasta posted:
Levi is having some minor surgery tomorrow, removing a cyst from his member (poor guy) but because of his age he will have general anesthesia. I'm waiting to hear from the hospital at what time his surgery is scheduled. I hope it will be first thing in the morning. I don't relish the idea of keeping him from eating or drinking too late in the day.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

mrswhitecastle responded:
Oh, poor guy. Have you told him about the surgery? Is he scared?

I hope it goes well. I'll be thinking of you guys tomorrow.
Emily (6) Elizabeth (4)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I agree - insist on the first appointment of the day!

(((hugs))) to you and your little guy! I think this will be more stressful for momma!

Haylen

iocasta replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
He knows about it. He isn't scared right now but I know tomorrow he will be. I picked up a small Lego set that he has wanted as a prize for being brave.

This surgery is being done at Children's Memorial in Chicago, major children's hospital that deals with many children with much more serious issues. We aren't in a position to demand anything. I'm just thankful, we are there for something so minor.

VicsEandJ responded:
Good luck! Hopefully he does go early. If you find out today that it will be later, try to clarify if the no eating and drinking has to be the night before or just a certain number of hours before. That way, if his surgery is later in the day, you can wake him up for an overnight snack if possible and he won't be as hungry ( my sister has had a few procedures done and is always worried about eating)
Keep us posted and make sure you eat and drink enough too.

laney0705 responded:
Does that mean he'll be awake for the whole thing? Do you get to be in the room with him?

Good luck. Hopefully he gets in early so it's over and done with. Then he can go home and just chill out and relax in his own space. Plus get lots of love and cuddles from mom and dad.

Sending you and Levi lots of {{HUGS}}
Me(42)DH(39)DS(5)DD(2)

iocasta responded:
His surgery is scheduled for 1:45 p.m., no food after midnight and can have clears up to 10:30 a.m. We have to be at the hospital at 12:15. I can't decide if I will have him go to school in the morning or not. It could be a good distraction though I would have to pick him up before lunch which is at 11:00 a.m. for his class.

UKbluegirl2 replied to iocasta's response:
I'd probably do school as usual so as to not draw attention to it any earlier than necessary.

I'm sorry. Minor or not, it still stinks!

iocasta replied to UKbluegirl2's response:
I spoke with DH and we aren't going to send him to school. He started on the Death Star Lego ( 4,000 pieces) this past weekend so he can work on that. He gets completely absorbed when working on Legos, so much so he forgets to eat or drink.

seeit2 replied to iocasta's response:
Good luck, Steph. Levi is a strong guy and so is his mom. Maybe you could fix him his favorite meal and make it a really late dinner so he fills up tonight?

When I had my last c-section it was at 3pm and they said no food for 12 hours. So I got up at 2am and dragged my mom to IHOP for pancakes and eggs - man, I was so stuffed I didn't even miss the food that day.

But Legos fix everything, don't they? Keep us posted!
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

kc_94920 responded:
Best of luck to Levi (and of course Mom and Dad). I'm sure he'll love the extra morning with the Death Star.
KC~ Mady (9) Logan (7) and Coco (almost 4)

baby1at35 replied to kc_94920's response:
Good luck ... That is a long time to wait but I am sure the lego's will help.
Let us know how all of you are doing...
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

VicsEandJ replied to iocasta's response:
Good luck, Steph. I'm sure it'll be harder on you thna Levi.

What will you do to occupy yourself while you wait? What's the adult equivalent of Death Star Lego?

(((HUGS)))

steckie98 responded:
Good luck! Will be thinking about him and hoping it goes well!
Carrie(33), DH (37), DS(4), DD(9/14/11)

cinder44 responded:
I hope all goes smoothly! Let us know.
Me, DH, DD(4), DS(4)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a stay at home mom of two boys, Travis (4-19-05) and Skyler (12-15-06). I've known my DH Joel since 11-23-01 and were married 5-19-05.

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.