Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Total Champ
iocasta posted:
Levi wasn't a bit nervous. They were about an hour late rolling him into surgery. We had plenty of distractions. They took and he was totally cool about it. It took less than a half hour. The surgeon was very impressed at how mature Levi is. I guess Levi was telling him that he has two sisters and a brother, which the surgeon thought were real. We started to laugh and told him that it had been a while since we last heard of the baby sisters. We told him that they were imaginary and that the baby sisters drive a yellow jeep and travel all over the world. The baby brother makes occasional guest appearances. We got called back to the recovery area. He was still out and then all of a sudden he was wide awake and announced that he woke right away. He watched a little Arthur and had some apple juice. He politely declined any crackers. The nurses were impressed at how polite he was. All was well until we looked at the incision area. He goes there is a cut and started to cry. He then got scared to put undies and pants on. He liked the wheel chair ride. He is a little tentative to go potty but that should get better. We didn't get home until about 5 p.m. we were all starved since none of us had eaten since 9 p.m. the night prior.

seeit2 responded:
So glad it went well! What a brave little guy he is. You must be glad it's over.
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

steckie98 responded:
Yay! Great news. So happy everything went well. What a guy!
Carrie(33), DH (37), DS(4), DD(9/14/11)

mrswhitecastle responded:
I'm glad it went so well for all of you. Is he back to school today, or does he need some time to recover?

That's really cute about his baby sisters and brother. What a character!
Emily (6) Elizabeth (4)

iocasta replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
He went to school. He wanted me to take him instead of DH. I talked with his teacher about everything. Fortunately, this isn't a PE day. She asked about recess and I told her that he would self-regulate. Today, he is walking like he was horseback riding all day yesterday, poor guy. It is a bit of drama to put a little neosporine on it but that should get better. Hopefully, he will get back in the pool by Friday as there are no stitches.

Yeah, the baby sisters, who have jobs, drives, live in various places, he has had them since about 3. We don't hear much about them these days.

UKbluegirl2 replied to iocasta's response:
Way to go Levi!!! Very impressive.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to iocasta's response:
WOW! I always see early triumphs like this as an indication of how they will handle tough situations when they are older (like my daughter rocking the eye patch)

It sounds like he has a great sense of self and bravery!

GO LEVI!

Haylen

laney0705 responded:
Awesome job Levi!! So glad everything went smoothly.
Me(42)DH(39)DS(5)DD(2)

VicsEandJ responded:
Glad everything went smoothly and Levi did so great!

Be sure to ask his teacher about his description of his surgery to her and his friends- I'm sure it is hilarious!

And I hope your other kids do as well as Levi if they have to get surgery!

baby1at35 replied to VicsEandJ's response:
Aww good job Levi !

Hope he has a great day at school !
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a stay at home mom of two boys, Travis (4-19-05) and Skyler (12-15-06). I've known my DH Joel since 11-23-01 and were married 5-19-05.

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.