Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Maternity clothes?
FarmWife1979 posted:
Yeah, that seems off-topic doesn't it? Except that I now a positive home pregnancy test and an appointment this week with the OB. So, having slept a few times since being pregnant with DD, I don't remember anything about where I found maternity clothes before. It'll be a little bit before I need them, but I better start looking now since I need Tall as well as plus sized maternity clothes. I am a pre-preg size 18 with a 35" inseam, so I imagine it is going to be a challenge to find a pair of maternity jeans that fit (and I hate wearing dresses).

If anyone has any websites please let me know! I'll probably have to order in everything since there are NO maternity shops within a 2 hour radius of where I live.

baby1at35 responded:
I do know old navy has a few tall/plus size pants. JcPenny used to.

Congrats !!!
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

BekahS responded:
Old navy, motherhood maternity, and gap all have longs/talls. But of course you have to order them online. I understand your issues. I had the same problem when I was pregnant with Avery. Now (I'm 24weeks) stores seemed to realize that tall people get pregnant too! Congrats!!

FarmWife1979 responded:
Thanks Ladies! That gives me a place to start looking!

VicsEandJ responded:
Congratulations!

I don't normally wear tall clothes (I'm 5'7"), but I often by tall tops- I've got long arms and big boobs and I like the way tall tops fit better. I bought tall maternity stuff from Old Navy and JCPenney- they had nicer work stuff.

sarah0323 responded:
Congratulations!!

I'm by no means tall but I bought stuff for my last PG at Motherhood Maternity, JC Penney's and Old Navy.
Me 33, DD - O 12, DS1 -J 7, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 4, DD2 - E (11/10)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I lived in Target leggings when I was preggo. Threw a big t-shirt and a hooded sweatshirt over it and that was my uniform.

http://www.target.com/s/maternity

Congratulations! Are you feeling "pink" or "blue" for this baby?

H

FarmWife1979 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hoping for Pink - since we already have all the girly stuff! But blue is just fine too.

steckie98 responded:
Congratulations!
Carrie(33), DH (37), DS(4), DD(9/14/11)

linzuh04 responded:
Congrats!!

cinder44 responded:
Congrats!
Me, DH, DD(4), DS(4)

FarmWife1979 responded:
Thanks ladies! I've got a tenative due date of Nov. 4th. Probably will be a little earlier because this will be a scheduled C-section.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the father of two girls, aged 4 and 6.

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.