Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Good news to share and official goodbye
kristinmarie722 posted:
I have been on/off the boards since I was pregnant with my DS- almost 7 years ago.
I was hanging around after DS turned 6. However, he is now 6+, so I think it's time to officially say goodbye to this board. Plus I havent been on much. I lurk more then post. Work and life is keeping me busy.

Good news to share is that I am now engaged and we put an offer in on a house yesterday! I will be gaining 4 step kids (19, 18, 16, 13). I am very happy.

Not sure if any of you remember my story, but my son's father pretty much sucked the whole time we were together. Cheated on me, was a drunk, never wanted to pay the bills, etc. So I feel so grateful to have met my fiance and to be so happy. We are each others best friends, he is great to my son, we have a lot of fun together and get along so well.

So just wanted to share! Hope everyone is having a great day.
DS- 7/4/2005
FirstPrevious12NextLast

mrswhitecastle responded:
Congratulations! That's great news about the engagement and house!

I wish there was an active board for 6 . Emily will be 7 soon, so she's kind of outgrown this board.
Emily (6) Elizabeth (5)

iocasta responded:
Congrats. I was thinking about moving over to the next board when Levi turns 6 at the end of April.

VicsEandJ responded:
Congratulations on you engagement!

I have read your story for a while and I am so happy that you have found someone you are happy with. You are a great mom and your fiance and his kids are lucky to have found you!

Best of luck with everything!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Best of luck to you and congrats!

Even if this is an "official goodbye" you're always welcome to lurk and post.

Have a great day too!

Haylen

sarah0323 responded:
Congratulations!!! I have stuck around here b/c the other board is so slow. Colby is 5 now so I know I will have to find a new board at some point.
Me 33, DD - O 12, DS1 -J 7, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 4, DD2 - E (11/10)

laney0705 responded:
Congratulations! Best of luck to you!!
Me(42)DH(39)DS(5)DD(2)

baby1at35 replied to laney0705's response:
Congrats !
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

Mainemommy replied to baby1at35's response:
We should all move over together I have stayed even though DS is 6 because this is when he started kindergarden. Good Luck God Bless
Steph 38 DH 42 DD 9 Asthma eczema and allergies DS 5 Eczema and milk allergy

Backwards in High Heels

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Mainemommy's response:
What board are you considering moving to? I can post a link and sticky an announcement to the top...

Haylen

mrswhitecastle replied to Mainemommy's response:
I agree about moving together.

I posted an intro on the Elementary board like a month ago, but never got any responses. There doesn't seem to be any community over there anymore -- just random questions/issues posted every few days.
Emily (6) Elizabeth (5)

iocasta replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Levi turns 6 at the end of April but I have no problem moving over to the Elementary board a little early.

steckie98 responded:
Congrats and best of luck!
Carrie(33), DH (37), DS(4), DD(9/14/11)

peachyisthelife responded:
That's wonderful!! I hope you guys are very happy in your new life and home Jared just turned 6 so I'll hop on over there with ya!
Cathryn~~~Jared 6yo~Brooke 3yo~Leah 1yo~New Baby Due Nov 19th

crunk05177 replied to peachyisthelife's response:
I think everyone should just stay here....this board will die...
Me (28), DH (30), DS1 - Michael (4) and DS2 - Nathan (1 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Ashley I am a 25 year old SAHM. I have been married to my wonderful hubby Chris (27) for 7 years. We have 2 kids together Kaiden (5) an...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.