Skip to content
MIL Update (triggs)
iocasta posted:
[TRIGGER] Levi and I flew home yesterday. DH is staying in Scottsdale until she passes, which will likely be the next day or two. She is in hospice care at her youngest daughter's home. Saying good-bye to her on Sunday evening was one of the hardest things I have ever done. This isn't a case where she is out of it and doesn't know what is going on. She is well aware and mentally all there. She and I had a nice visit but it was hard when it was time to say good-bye. She is at peace, in no real pain and says she isn't afraid, so this is helpful.

Levi was pretty freaked out on Saturday evening at the hospital and was really upset that the doctors weren't doing more for her. I explained to him why this was and that it was better for her to be at home.

The funeral and burial will be back in Chattanooga. We will be logging in a lot of flight time this month. Good thing Levi is a good flyer and is flexible with all the upheaval. He is definetly getting short on sleep.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. While I'm not a believer, my MIL has a very strong faith.

crunk05177 responded:
I am so sorry your family has to go through this. The only positive thing about her being there mentally are the memories you and your family will have of her. You will remember her being herself rather than being incoherent and you will remember your final conversations with her and can always keep them in your heart and memory. I hope she goes peacefully and my thoughts are with you through this hard time!
Me (28), DH (30), DS1 - Michael (4) and DS2 - Nathan (1 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

UKbluegirl2 responded:
I'm very sorry Steph. Your family has been through so much...

VicsEandJ responded:
I'm so sorry, Steph. I hope that knowing that she is at peace with everything will help bring you some comfort. As difficult as it was, I hope that having the chance to say goodbye will also somehow make things easier for you.

((Hugs)) to you and your family and continued safe travels.

sarah0323 responded:
Steph-
I'm so sorry. Your family is still in my prayers. I'm glad that she is at peace. Saying the last good bye is hard. I pray that her last days stay peaceful.
Me 33, DD - O 12, DS1 -J 7, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 4, DD2 - E (11/10)

seeit2 responded:
Steph, you guys really have had a hard run lately. I'm sorry you all have to go through this. Saying goodbye must have been brutal. And it sounds like you'll have some hard times ahead as well. Hang in there. {{{HUGS}}}
Esmerelda Supercalifragilistic (41) DD (5) DS (2) Just eat it, will ya

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Wow...I just reread your post 3x. I can't imagine how hard this is on all of you. I'm so glad you were able to make this trip. I'm not a believer either but when my grandmother was dying, it brought her so much comfort that I was happy her faith was there for her.

Levi is a TROOPER! Sending (((hugs))) to the whole family.

Haylen

cinder44 responded:
I'm so sorry. My thought are with all of you. ((((Hugs))))
Me, DH, DD(4), DS(4)

peachteach1 responded:
I am so sorry and you all are in my thoughts and prayers {{{{{HUGS}}}}

Mainemommy replied to peachteach1's response:
So Sorry Steph Give Levi a Hug for me death is a hard concept for anyone especially a youngster. Try to find peace in that she has
Steph 38 DH 42 DD 9 Asthma eczema and allergies DS 5 Eczema and milk allergy

Backwards in High Heels

mrswhitecastle responded:
I know I'm coming in late, but I wanted to say how sorry I am you are all going through this. I will be thinking of you and your family.

Stay strong, and let us know how you are all doing.
Emily (6) Elizabeth (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the father of two girls, aged 4 and 6.

Helpful Tips

Re-enforce good counting techniques.
Use gold plastic coins to encourage counting. When the child does anything worthwhile or helpful give tokens and then ask the child how ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.