Skip to content
Magazines - do you subscribe?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
I don't have a book to read right now so I picked up a LIFE magazine Titanic special issue - when I got home, I saw that it was $12.99?!? What the heck?

I used to subscribe to Readers Digest and Vanity Fair but stopped all subscriptions a few years ago - now I only read magazines at Doctor's offices (which seems to be quite often these days)

How about you? Do you subscribe to "paper" magazines or buy them at the store?

baby1at35 responded:
I love magazines!
I subscribe to All You (great articles and lots of coupons!)
Fitness
My Mom got me Good Housekeeping
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

sarah0323 responded:
Mostly I read what is in the Dr's office. I haven't had any subscriptions for a few years now. I don't have time to sit down and read them or by the time I do they have already been used for some project. Once in a while I will pick up a "recipe" magazine when I'm standing in line at the check outs. Its been a while since I've done that too.
Me 33, DD - O 12, DS1 -J 7, DS2 - Cr 6, DS3 - Co 4, DD2 - E (11/10)

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I subscribe to Parenting and Baby Talk. My mom got me a subscription to Reader's Digest.

crunk05177 responded:
I unfortunately don't have time to read magazines but I have the E! and TMZ apps on my phone to keep up with my stars hah! I used to get US and stuff like that!

Haylen....get 50 Shades of Grey! Universal just bought the rights to the first book and a movie will be coming sorta soon!
Me (28), DH (30), DS1 - Michael (4) and DS2 - Nathan (1 - severe peanut allergy and an egg allergy)

VicsEandJ responded:
I think the last magazine I subscribed to was Tv guide- back when it was small.
I occasionally buy a magazine, if something catches my eye at the checkout. It's usually woman's day or something with recipes like everyday living ( s that the name of it?) or Rachael Ray's one, or cooking light.

j9ween3 responded:
food network magazine
Janine - Tyler -7, Bella -5, Giana -2 born 8 weeks early

kc_94920 responded:
My MIL buys me a subscription to Cooking Light and the kids Ranger Rick and Natural Geographic for Kids every year for Christmas. I've bought my oldest a few rounds of the American Girl Magazine and DS gets the Boys Life through Cub Scouts.

I've also been know to by an issue of People or Us in the airport just to pass the time on my frequent travels.
KC~ Mady (9) Logan (7) and Coco (4)

ryanandleigh responded:
I use to have a subscription to Disney's Family Fun magazine but I think it recently expired. Great craft and kid activities. My mom gets Real Simple and Ladies Home Journal and gives them to me when she is done with them.
Leigh, Jacen (6), Alexa (3)

baby1at35 replied to ryanandleigh's response:
I forgot I get parenting as well. Somehow I got it free for something ..!
Me (42) 2 busy boys 6 yrs and 5 yrs

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Beth and I have been married to my wonderful husband for almost 6 years. We have a 4 1/2 year old son and a 3 month old son. I am the accou...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.